Forum upgrade almost complete 👍

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Another difference is that now
... @stevel05 has an avatar (after almost 9 years... he probably didn't like rectangular :)).
1577438580018.png

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
"Your Content" is missing, just for information.

2019-12-26_215335.png

I mentioned about my two wishes I had for Forum, but can not see the thread now.

Regards,

Anand

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I mentioned about my two wishes I had for Forum, but can not see the thread now.
Threads in the forum discussion and chit chat forums are not indexed. You will need to use Google to find them.

I miss this one too. Let's hope it is a script that still needs to be converted to the new forum
This will be added soon.

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe this has already been reported but if I go to my profile page, select postings and then trying to see my older posts, I get an error as shown here:

1577472060223.png

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In the forum posts, are some of you finding it difficult to see a clear separation between the actual answer and the quoted text above it. I am finding it hard in some cases distinguishing between when the quoted text ends and the actual answer starts.

Also, long file attachments names do not show their extensions unless you hover over the attachment. I would rather see the extension than the file icon which indicates what extension it may have.

Too much distraction with emojis and icons. Sometimes, the less the better

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In the forum posts, are some of you finding it difficult to see a clear separation between the actual answer and the quoted text above it. I am finding it hard in some cases distinguishing between when the quoted text ends and the actual answer starts.

Also, long file attachments names do not show their extensions unless you hover over the attachment. I would rather see the extension than the file icon which indicates what extension it may have.

Too much distraction with emojis and icons. Sometimes, the less the better
Yes, I agree that there is too much white space and separations are difficult to understand.
Maybe I am getting old, but I was more comfortable in older theme/layout/color etc.

I will try to adjust myself as the days goes by. I understand we cannot get new features if we do not upgrade.

Maybe some theme selection features will help, in future.

Regards

Anand

Hamied Abou Hulaikah

Licensed User
Longtime User
I solved: (Fn + down arrow, on my laptop)
Not because screen brightness, I mean as other said; color/bright differences between adjacent blocks are small, so for me "39 years old" I find difficulties in reading ...