Forum upgrade almost complete đź‘Ť

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Would it be possible to add a feature to let us move our post (only ours) to a different category. Sometimes being an old fart I have brain farts and post to the wrong area.
This could cause many problems; also, sometimes the post you want to move may be the first of a new thread. Much better that this can only be done by the administrator; rather it would be good to be able to report it to the administrator, so that he does not necessarily have to read all the posts (but he does it anyway :)).

Also would be nice to be able to call a translator to read the posts in different languages (but I am sure this is asking too much)
Chrome allows you to translate the web page ("unfortunately" :p I don't love Chrome - even because it is "heavy", slow to start).
A button to copy the post, like the new very useful one to copy code posted, may help to translate.

Ed Brown

Licensed User
Longtime User
Looks great!
Love the way that the 'Stay Logged In' is ticked by default and that the log in is now a window.
Need to change my avatar to suite the new style.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Forum collapsing feature is now available.
But it seems it is not consistent. I "Switched off" B4i and B4r forums as i am not interested in.

But every few days this gets a reset it seems as all Categories are ON again.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This seems as good time as any to do a gentle reminder of this request of mine
which i commented with a "+1" :)
The Collapsingfeature was ok for me as an workaround (hopefully we get that addon in future). In the old forum is was constent. Now it seems not.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
which i commented with a "+1" :)
Oh, I remember - I would never forget a +1 from you. ;-)

The Collapsingfeature was ok for me as an workaround (hopefully we get that addon in future). In the old forum is was constent. Now it seems not.
I tried the collapse also, but as far as I could tell that only affected what was shown on the forum front page, not what got included in the New posts page, etc.

mangojack

Licensed User
Longtime User
But it seems it is not consistent. I "Switched off" B4i and B4r forums as i am not interested in.
But every few days this gets a reset it seems as all Categories are ON again.

This is the same for me also.

I tried the collapse also, but as far as I could tell that only affected what was shown on the forum front page, not what got included in the New posts page, etc.

Agree , but I am sure this was the same behavior in previous forum version.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
@Erel, "older posts" ("See more") shows that message, instead the analogue for "Latest activity"-"Show older items" works.
I see it too. This issue is still open...

Made some research about this feature. The state is saved in the browser "local storage". It should be kept for quite long. It will be reset when you clear the cookies.
The expiration date is not configurable.

This seems as good time as any to do a gentle reminder of this request of mine:
Tried to buy the add on and wasn't even able to register to the developer site...