Forum upgrade almost complete 👍

JackKirk

Licensed User
Longtime User
A small comment.

On Chrome browser on Windows 10 the search text box "hides" the cursor in the left hand border when the box is first clicked.

The effect is a bit disconcerting - did I click the box or not?

JackKirk

Licensed User
Longtime User

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel, can you move the "post top bar":

1577885674803.png

to the bottom of the post, as it was before the update?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Tried to buy the add on and wasn't even able to register to the developer site...

Yeah, I tried to register and got the same problem. The developer has clearly got some sort of bug happening that they aren't aware of. And because of short-sightedness, they are very difficult to contact in other ways:
  1. I tried register at their site -> it claimed my valid email address wasn't valid
  2. I tried their Contact form -> it accepted my data, but I haven't received a reply, so who knows if it reached anyone?
  3. I tried looking up their dns record to find an email address -> none visible
  4. I tried registering at XenForo to contact them that way -> registration worked fine
  5. I then tried actually contacting them, which I wasn't allowed to do, that forum is only for XenForo customers
So I've run out of options as I'm not willing to buy a license to XenForo just to contact the developer.

The next step, if Erel is willing, is for him to login to the XenForo forum (I assume he has an account there) and contact the developer by using this link: https://xenforo.com/community/conversations/add?to=truonglv

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In the search bar next to 'New posts' is the number highlighted in red. It sticks out like a sore thumb. I find the red background very distracting and mistaken it for a notification or reaction. A less noticeable background would blend in better.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Adding add-ons to the forum includes all kinds of risks. In this case I don't have enough confidence in the developer so I can't take the risk.
Yeah, I can understand that. However, we still have the problem with signal-to-noise ratio getting worse and worse. That's not critique, it's just a side-effect of us getting more and more members posting in language sub-forums, which most of the rest of us can't read.

I have no idea how receptive XenForo is for new ideas, but perhaps I could at least wish for you to post a wish on their site, for them to add some sort of user-configurable forum/thread filter into the base forum package to a future version?

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
it's nice that when you paste a google play link that it grabs (part of) the description and a thumbnail.

the collapse appears to be gone again? I noticed it was buggy and settings got lost after a while.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
this addon is deactivated due to its inconsistency.
I used it to improve visibility on my mobile device. I collapsed some sections that I don't read.

I'm sorry it has been disabled I found it useful. 😭

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I noticed that in the desktop version it does not appear in the number of unread post inside the badge as in the mobile version.

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I still can't see my old messages/post as mentioned here
Some kind of permission error. Does anyone else see their old messages or is it only me?