FrontPage WYSIWYG alternative....?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys,

I have finally decided to go online, so I bought myself a domain and hosting space....
Now comes the ( not so ) fun part...creating the website...
So I picked up what I had in "the shed" and started creating some nice (under open discussion) looking tri-state buttons and a Logo...
But, like a carpenter that has a few nails, a set plywood and a project, I'm lacking the proper hammer...
I first though of Front page, but it's not the most WYSIWYG tool out there...
So, in you humble opinion, what is the best, FREE, alternative to FP for a noon like me?

Thanks

Last edited:

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys,

I have finalist decided to go online, so I bought myself a domain and hosting space....
Now comes the ( not so ) fun part...creating the website...
So I picked up what I had in "the shed" and started creating some nice (under open discussion) looking tri-state buttons and a Logo...
But, like a carpenter that gots he's nails, a set plywood and a project, I'm lacking the proper hammer...
I first though of Front page, but it's not the most WYSIWYG tool out there...
So, in you humble opinion, what is the best, FREE, alternative to FP for a noon like me?

Thanks

Just use WordPress and some nice free theme.

Easy to set up and maintain.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for thee answers guys... time to hit some nails...

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So...

I got myself a hammer "Kompozer" and started hammering away... the project advances, even thou I had to sub-contract a script to do a simple task but that was beyond my basic tools...
Still it's becomming... something...
I guess I have some more sub-contracting to do (templating)...

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am targeting a fameset based design, which most free alternatives don't do...

nikolaus

Licensed User
Longtime User
Microsoft offers Expression Web (Front page successor) for free (as in free beer). Just google ... Pretty good visual interface and a very good editor.

BTW forget WYSIWYG. Nice to get into HTML but it never produces really good code.