FTP library - won't getfile on PDA more than once

mwaite

Licensed User
I have a program that every x minutes retreives a text file from my FTP server. On the PDA, the program will log in to the FTP server and download the file, save it to disk, and display it. However any subsequent requests to download the file are ignored. That is, I can see on the FTP server the program is logging in, then logging out without retreiving the file. Strange thing is that the program will actually have the text from the initial download. It seems the FTP library is caching the data and instead of downloading it again, it just presents the initial text file's data. I close the FTP connection after each login and download, and have even tried leaving it open. I have made sure the contents of the file, including the date/time, on the server has changed, it case it's just being thrifty (only downloading if data has changed), but that's not the case. Also, the same exact program running on the PC instead of the PDA will download the text file every time! I'm stumped!
Anyone ever see this?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Since the file explorer works a litle diferent in the pda, have you tryed to delete the previous file on the pda before a new download?

mwaite

Licensed User
Yeah I did, even tried emptying the Recycle Bin (Resco Explorer), no luck. Thanks for the suggestion anyway. This is baffeling me and I really suspect it's a bug!

mwaite

Licensed User
Thanks for the quick response!

The new FTP library fixed it! Thanks a bunch for helping me get this working right away!

Regards,
Mike
:sign0060: