Wish Function "Download Last Build App" direct to Project-Path

D

Deleted member 103

Hi,

Why should you always select the folder if you want to download the latest build?

It would be better the function always saves the IPA-file into the Project-Path with the Packegename or Projectname.

Attachments

• Download_Last_Build.png
    Download_Last_Build.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 229
D

Deleted member 103

As I see it, in most cases you will only need it when you are ready to upload the ipa file to the store. So I think that the file dialog is useful here.
My approach is different.
I save the ipa file first in my project folder and then upload to the store. Therefore, is not useful for me the file dialog.
Besides, why should I always assign a file name when the ID knows the name?

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think you have a point Filipo because I'm also following the same approach to test my app in my device as an ipa using Appandora before I distribute it to the 100 devices for ad-hoc distribution. I had a crash in my app without debug showing anything so I need to be extremely sure that my app works before I distribute ad-hoc. I dont want a nice surprise of the app being rejected in iStore without ironing out the issues. I'm currently still trying to debug it and I think this option would be advantageous.

As an addition, I would recommend a progress bar added to show the progress of the download because for countries like mine, where the internet speeds are near to horrific at times, not knowing what the IDE is doing due to now showing what its doing leaves me :(

D

Deleted member 103

This implementation is good, unfortunately the name of the zip-file is always the same. :(
It would be better if the zip-file the same name would have as the App-Name. :)
myAppName.zip -> myAppName.ipa