Fundraiser (4800$) - Please I need your help to support my Education

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you all for the concerns and suggestions. Indeed they are all great ideas. I will take all into advisement when evaluating my options.
Sorry, If it feels like am begging or seem like a scam. It was a very difficult for me to post this thread.
I respect everyone in this forum, especially Erel, for that matter I would not deceive or scam anybody on this platform, if that is what it seems.
For what its worth, I will refund the monies received to clear that doubt.

My education should be my responsibility, and as I said in post #18, I will explore and work on my finances before proceeding further. I hope the screenshot below will disprove any thought about me coming to scam.

Below is the Total Fees of $4860. of which I paid $60 for the admission/application fee

1665823187529.png

This is my admission fee payment:

1665822365312.png

The school (UoPeople) 5 terms in a year and assessment fee of 120$ per course. 240$ for the two courses this term.
This is the payment due for the two courses I am currently taking

1665822212933.png

This is the Course Dashboard, and the progress of the two courses I am taking this term

1665822606703.png

This is my welcome and orientation Email
1665822891416.png

tchart

Licensed User
Longtime User
@mcqueccu there is no shame in asking for help. Perhaps ask message the people who have donated and ask if they want a refund. I think you will find many will ask you to keep the fund.

Thank you for posting and I’ll will be donating to support you.

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
For what its worth, I will refund the monies received to clear that doubt.

Hey @mcqueccu I know you're too much of a gentlemen to say this, but... today's your lucky day, for I am not 🍻

I'm pretty sure that most, probably all, of the people who have donated towards you doing that course, would be very happy if you stayed the course rather than gave up and refunded the monies. I think I saw you had enough for three rounds of assessments, and it'd be a shame to throw away the effort that you've already put towards completing those subjects.

But we don't know how good or bad your day-to-day living financial situation is, and maybe there are additional reasons for having to withdraw from the course. In which case, if you promise to use my donation to increase the amount of good in the world, then: no refund required. Others might prefer the refund. My reasoning is that I see you a lot in these forums, and you're always cheerful and helpful, so I figure worst case is: if I'm going to fall for a scam, it may as well be to a gentleman and a scholar. Unless you do withdraw from the course, in which case it'd be to a gentleman and not a scholar.

I'm not twisting your arm one way or the other about staying or withdrawing: do whatever is best for both you and us.

Righto, that's put that %#$&ing elephant in the corner to bed, hopefully.

Last edited:

tchart

Licensed User
Longtime User
@mcqueccu further to my earlier post, showing you are enrolled, studying and passing your course is a good way to show employers that you are serious - even for part time work. It shows initiative. So I encourage you to at least do some of the courses and assessments. It should open more opportunities for you.

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It is too bad that people accuse a member of community as scam, if you know him and trust him you help him if not don't. I didn't know him, I didn't contribute. BUT making him feel required to post the fees, payments he made.. it is too sad. Hope you complete your education my friend.

Xandoca

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sometimes you ask for or want opportunities to help... and when they knock on your door, you don't even open your door.
Pay Pal Transaction id: 9MB48569F2537360K

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
I was a representative and board member on a Sector Education and Training Authority in my country for many years. And subscribe to Nelson Mandela's notion of life-long learning.

I am now retired and sadly cannot afford to contribute more than encouragement - best wishes and - the adage that hard work and application of effort and time always bears results.

I look forward to your graduation announcement.

Regards.....