Android Question Galaxy Tab S emulator

Charles Carey

Licensed User
Longtime User
I trying to write an app for the Galaxy Tab S 10.5" and I don't have the device.
I just upgraded to v4.0 of B4A and can't get the debugger to connect to the emulator.
I modified the Google Nexus 10 (2560x1600) to create my AVD and set the sdk to android v4.0.
When I set "Skin with dynamic hardware controls" I get a skin but no connection or app, but when I set the emulator to skin WQVGA400 I connect to the emulator and can run my app but the scale etc. are unusable.
I'm writing the app for a friend and don't want to spend $499.00 on a device so I can give away the app.

Any help will be appreciated.

Charles

mangojack

Licensed User
Longtime User
I trying to write an app for the Galaxy Tab S 10.5" and I don't have the device.

Charles .. have you looked at Genymotion, (depending on your pc specs) a much quicker alternative to the default AVD

Upvote 0

Charles Carey

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've heard the name but don't know anything about it. I'm running an AMD FX6300 with 8gigs of ram and 1.25TB of disk space. I have virtualbox setup on ubuntu 12.04 host with both Windows XP and Windows 7 guests. Of course I have B4A running in both the windows guest os. Would my environment be workable for genymotion?

Upvote 0

Charles Carey

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm baffled. I have virtualbox installed in ubuntu 12.04 and windows 7 running as a virtual machine. Do I install genymotion while in the windows 7 virtual machine or install it in ubuntu in a virtual machine of it's own.

I tried installing in in my windows vm and it wanted to install another vm to run in. (???)

Upvote 0

mangojack

Licensed User
Longtime User
I cant help you there .. I would take a guess and say install under ubuntu. :confused:

Upvote 0