Android Question Galaxy Tablet 10.1" 2014 Edition times out constantly.

bodycode

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm trying to develop on my new Samsung Galaxy Table 10.1 2014 edition, but the Wifi connection keeps on timing out using the Bridge program. I checked my firewall and B4A has complete unrestricted access.

Really bummed out about this.

Any way to connect to USB in the meanwhile?

bodycode

Licensed User
Longtime User
How is that done? All I see are options to connect via wireless or bluetooth. Thanks

You can connect the tab using USB, I have a Galaxy tab 10.1 (older model) and it works fine via USB.

Upvote 0

bodycode

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks. You mean I don't have to do ANYTHING? Just plug it in (assuming proper driver install) and then the design will show up on the tablet without user input?

You dont need the B4A Bridge app for that. Just connect via USB (and hopefully have the right drivers), and it will automatically work.

Upvote 0

bodycode

Licensed User
Longtime User
For the compile, yes, just hit F5.
For designer, open the designer, and double click on the chain it should detect the usb and connect. (I dont use much of the designer so dont rely on that)
Thank you.

Upvote 0

bodycode

Licensed User
Longtime User
Installed Kies 3, and my PC sees both the internal and external storage on the tablet. Can't connect to tablet. Is there anything I have to run on the device in order to connect through B4A?

Tried everything! Ran Bridge on device, ran Designer on device, no go.

Upvote 0

bodycode

Licensed User
Longtime User
Installed Kies 3, and my PC sees both the internal and external storage on the tablet. Can't connect to tablet. Is there anything I have to run on the device in order to connect through B4A?

Tried everything! Ran Bridge on device, ran Designer on device, no go.
In addition, I also have the device in the proper dev mode (usb debugging)

Upvote 0

bodycode

Licensed User
Longtime User
Aweright all, it works. I had to restart ADB and it connects perfectly. Thanks (tremendously)

Upvote 0