Share My Creation (Game) bionoid - puzzle game

bionoid

The binary puzzles as you will find them in your daily newspaper or puzzle book.

Also labeled as the new sudoku's.

We offer you endless binary fun with different puzzle sizes and difficulties.

Place the binary values 0 & 1 in the empty fields of the grid while keeping these rules in mind...

- A value can not appear more than two times next to each other.
- Each row or column should have an equal amount of 0's and 1's.
- Each row or column should be unique and not more than once.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sorex.binairo

libs used : core, inAppBilling3, javaObject(for label padding), mwAdmobInterstitial2

phone1.png phone2.png phone3.png

Thanks Ilan, for the in-app tutorial which made it easier to get this thing finished.

Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
looks great, good luck

unfortunately i don't understand how to play :(, or maybe i am just to tired now (02:55 am need to wake up in 3 hours but am not sleeping at all o_O)

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
see above, you need to follow the rules.

just place 0's & 1's but be sure there are never 3 or more 0's or 1's next to each other.
(you can't place another 1 in line/row 1 in screenshot 2)

there also needs to be an equal amount of 0's and 1's in one line. like in row 2 in the second screenshot. you count 3 0's and 3 1's (3+3=6 > 6x6 grid)

a full line in a row can not appear again in another row line.

a hint... when you're stuck start counting the used values then you know in most cases what to fill in next if there are enough values filled in already.
(row 1 and column 2 are good examples of this)

once you know all this it only takes a few minutes to complete the easiest puzzles.

good luck and have fun or misery with it ;)

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Wow! I like it! I made my first 6x6 :D:D:D 5 stars from me

I would suggest: let the user block some cells by long-clicking on them, and unblock also with a long-click (changing the color of the blocked cells or marking them somehow). This way, the user can mark those cells which he knows for sure that they are a "1" or "0".

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'll think about that, Jordi.

As requested by @MikeH I've added some tick sounds (didn't add them as colleagues could hear me testing it)

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
it's simple once you know the drill but beware... once you start playing more quickly the easier you'll make mistakes.

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Now I've had more time to play this, I wanted to leave some better feedback.

I think the difficulty levels are just about right, I do find expert very hard, but manage to do easy boards very quickly, I think I'll get faster over time.

When I get stuck, or realise I've done something wrong, it would be good to be able to reset the board I'm working on, rather than starting a new one.

A highscore table for each combination of board and difficulty would be very god, doesn't have to be online, just a list of best times for each board on my local device.

Something to keep the screen awake would be good, I have my display set to 30 seconds before turning off and this is a problem when I'm having to think a long time about my next move.

I bought it to remove the adverts as they were very annoying, but I understand why you put them in, we all need paying for our work.

Last thing, how do you say the name of the game, I think it's said bin-air-oh, but am not sure.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for buying the ad remover, Andy!
I might be annoying when staying at the easy level but when you move on the ads will only appear once every 5-10+ minutes or so as it takes longer to complete a level.

I've added a restart to the in-game menu that appears when pressing the back button. (still need to publish it tho)

You want to know how many boards you solved per board size?

Didn't have the black outs as I had my phone connected via usb.
Can I use the awake state without adding the full phone library?

right, just binaire + o(h)

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
great, didn't even notice it myself.

and I still didn't mail the link around as I wanted to do it at the same time with the IOS version but the apple site is having problems so I can't update my certificates to test it on iPad (only have an iPhone 4s here and just borred an iPad)

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
completion sound effect was still playing when sound mode was set to off > fixed.
added a menu button in the game to reach the in-game menu (for those who didn't find it yet by pressing home instead of the back key ;) (and IOS) )

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
no, I didn't even spread the link to family/friends yet.

I was waiting for the IOS version to be passing the review team but it was rejected last Friday. they are reviewing it again as we speak after almost a full week.

The futoshiki one just got rejected due to missing restore purchase button which is strange because you can restore a purchase via the regular purchase method
as it will prompt you with "You already purchased this item. Purchase again for free?".

That review team it too picky on everything.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The futoshiki one just got rejected due to missing restore purchase button

hmmm... i remember i told you that apple request for that button and also erel mentioned it in his tutorial. wo why haven't you added that button in the first version?

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As the ipad screen is less high due to its 3:4 ratio I didn't have space for it.

I'm adding a sub menu for that stuff now.

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Over a thousand downloads now! That's awesome, well done! Maybe time to post links to it on other Android dev forums and ask some reviewers to look at it?
This sort of game is very accessible and could easily get to over a hundred thousand downloads to become a nice little earner for ad revenue, funding future developments of other games.