B4J Tutorial Generate a LIVE QR Code while you are typing....

As the title says - it will generate a LIVE QR Code while you are typing text (adding, deleting, changing, updating, editing) in the TextArea. Have seen this a number of times on websites and thought I will do something similar for B4J (should be easy to convert to B4I and B4A).

It is based on @Erel's posting here (I have added to the original class to allow for more QR Code version):

Enjoy - I think it is quite nifty....šŸ‡æšŸ‡¦

Type/amend/delete/insert text in the TextArea to generate a LIVE QR code:
1.png

Above QR Code scanned:
2.png

Attachments

• 1592317425123.png
    1592317425123.png
    285.3 KB · Views: 246
  • QRCodeType.zip
    8.7 KB · Views: 320

drgottjr

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
in this vein, i've had barista on the shelf for a bit. it's for b4a. it creates qr codes. for me, they are the only useful type of "bar" code.

barista allows you to:
1) manually create, edit a qr code.
2) scan other types of barcodes and convert them to a qr code (which you can edit before finalizing).
3) scan text and create a qr code from it (editable before finalizing the qr code).
4) save your newly created qr code to the gallery. i think you can also share it. and maybe print it (if you have the necessary software on your device).

i left out an image cropper and a zoom feature. and the image preview window is a little on the small size (even though the actual preview is larger). the codes and text recognized are those handled by google. if you can live with those, the app should work.

i'll leave it downloadable from here for a while for anyone interested. i think you need to be online the first time you run it in order to get google's vision dependencies. once that's done, offline is good.

Attachments

• barista1.png
    barista1.png
    106.1 KB · Views: 216
  • barista2.png
    barista2.png
    62.4 KB · Views: 221
  • barista3.png
    barista3.png
    47.6 KB · Views: 217
Last edited: