Generate exe for WinCE.Net 4.2 and 5

gs4322

Licensed User
Just got a trial copy of the software, I compiled and was able run the EXE to wince 6. However, when I ran the same EXE on WinCE.Net 5, I had an error about missing conponents.

My question relate to what steps are neccessary to generate the same application for fifferent pocket pc os/versions. In my case, specifically, what steps or additional libraries need to install to make this happen.

This is a great product, if I'm able to generate code for WinCe.net (4.2 and 5) probaly will buy it.

I would appriciate a responce.

Thank you...

gs4322

Licensed User
Erel,

Thanks for the quick responce, I will give that a try.

I got a copy from a friend, after playing some more I really like the package.

I'll be ordering a legal copy from the home site, I thougth this was a trial copy.

I have few more questions:

- How do you package a module for a winCE.net devices without installing .net CF 2 or 1.0. on the device. Is this a requirement to run EXE on these devices.

- Can you generate the EXE from the desktop for WINCE.net devices, if yes, what do I need to do to accomplish that.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Basic4ppc executables require .Net CF to run on any device.
All new Windows Mobile devices are already installed with .Net CF.
As Windows CE is a modular operating system, some devices come with .Net CF and some don't.
You can distribute .Net CF together with your application.

Compiling is done from the desktop. You just need to choose Compile - Device EXE.

gs4322

Licensed User
Erel,

Just purchased a copy of Basic4ppc.
Just want to let you know that after I installed the netcf.all.wce4.ARMV4I on the device (C310 PNA) running WinCE.net 4.2, I can generate the .EXE on the desktop for wince device, move it to the device, and the good news is that it works.

Question that I have:

How do I check in the program what screen mode the device is running, for example (320x240) vs (240x320).

Thanks for U support.