GetFile to save to other DIR

tcgoh

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,

Can anyone help me to write a code to select a file in the Dir(eg. textall.dat) and safe it to another Dir?

I tried SaveDialog but the filename field is emty. I wanted filename field to be fill up w/o letting the user select.

Thanks
TC

specci48

Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried SaveDialog but the filename field is emty. I wanted filename field to be fill up w/o letting the user select.
To preselect a filename in the savedialog you have to define the file property of the savedialog before showing it, e.g.:
B4X:
   SaveDialog1.File = AppPath & "\test.txt"
   SaveDialog1.Show

specci48

Edit: added a very simple copy sample...

Attachments

• CopyFile.sbp
    709 bytes · Views: 190
Last edited:

tcgoh

Licensed User
Longtime User
To preselect a filename in the savedialog you have to define the file property of the savedialog before showing it, e.g.:
B4X:
   SaveDialog1.File = AppPath & "\test.txt"
   SaveDialog1.Show

Hi specci48 and Erel

Thanks for the code and help. The Savedialog1.file=AppPath &"\test.txt" helps, but the "text.txt" file in the "file name: box"(see attached jpg) is NOT SAVING to any directory? I don't understand why?

View attachment 2005

Thanks

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Why not read the file to end and write the file again in the new dir, this way the user is not prompt in any way...

tcgoh

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All,

Thanks for all that help here. I Have manage to pre-select the file to safe into another directory. (its a NO GO to read sl3 file and filewrite again)

However, appreciate if anyone can help to shortern the steps required to safe the selected file without having to show the openDialog.

Thanks.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Posting the Actual code would help us Help you...How can we shorten the steps if we do not know the way you took?

Last edited:

tcgoh

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Cableguy, problem solved. Here the code

opendialog1.File = AppPath & "\alldata.sl3"
openDialog1.Filter = "sl3 DATA Files|*.sl3"

SaveDialog1.File = OpenDialog1.File

If SaveDialog1.Show = cCancel Then
Return
End If

FileCopy(OpenDialog1.File, SaveDialog1.File)

Thanks Again