Getting 16x16 icon with iconEditor

copiloto

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

Recently, I have learned to install my own aplications, and also I'm using for first time the iconEditor aplication that Klauss made some time ago. I have to say that both aplications work fanstastic!! but I'm having some problems with the last one.

Once installed my programs, I correctly get an icon at section: Start, Programs.... This is an 32x32 icon. Perfect! But, when I click on Start, I can see on recently programs that the 16x16 icon doesn't exist... Only appears the name of the aplication..

What is my error? I've revised the procedure lot of times but I can't see the problem.. I think that the question must be in the beginning of the iconEditor, when you can select the size of the icon. I select the two options because the icon that I want to design is 32x32.

Please, can someone help me?:sign0085:

Thanks in advance.

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
When you make new icons for B4PPC programs you should select both sizes 32*32 and 16*16, you can design both sizes in one session.
On the screen you see both with normal size in the lower left corner of the screen and you can switch between the two design screens by clicking on the normal size icon you want.

Icon files can have more than one icon with different sizes in the same file. The operating system selects the best one that suits it's needs.

Best regards.

Attachments

• NewIcon.jpg
    NewIcon.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 165

copiloto

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks very much for your quick response.

I was confused about 16x16 icon... I thought that the OS converted to 16x16 the 32x32 icon automatically. Now I understand that clicking on each one little screens I can design them separately.

Thanks again and congratulations for your program.:)