Good and cheap B4A programmer needed -URGENT-

Discussion in 'Job Offers' started by Devv, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Devv

Devv Active Member Licensed User

I Need a Good and cheap B4A programmer to complete and enhance an existing project of mine

the project is about 2500 lines
    the main idea of the project is to view different types of predefined RSS feeds in the app
    the libraries used in the project:
    [​IMG]

the project is about 90% finished , it need couple of features and lots of enhancement/bug fixes.

most of the codes are quoted with description of the function/feature

if your work was good and cheap i may hire you to convert the app to B4I for IOS platform

im paying 200$ to 400$ to finish the program

anybody interested
    PM me your experiences in android or B4A and what libraries you had used before
    DONT PM me if you dont have time or you cant start word within the coming 2 days

2. MikeH

MikeH Well-Known Member Licensed User

I can be good OR cheap, but sadly not both, sorry :)

3. wonder

wonder Expert Licensed User

4. NJDude

NJDude Expert Licensed User

5. LucaMs

LucaMs Expert Licensed User

I am not a so good developer but cheap; I want only 1€ per line (not per added lines, for each line of a project).

lemonisdead, JordiCP and wonder like this.
  6. Cableguy

Cableguy Expert Licensed User

This was a Real Sign in a car body repairs shop front.

"In this shop we have 3 product classes:
    Fast, Cheap, Good.
    In any service we provide you can choose 2 out of those 3, so;
    If you want a Good and Fast service, it won't be Cheap,
    If you want Good and Cheap, it won't be Fast,
    If you want Cheap and Fast, it won't be Good."

7. sorex

sorex Expert Licensed User

I don't know where @Devv is from but those $400 might be a month wage for some of us.

besides that for an rss feed reader it uses way too much libraries and most of them don't exist for IOS either so that would mean a lot of custom code writing too.

NJDude likes this.
  8. walterf25

walterf25 Well-Known Member Licensed User

giphy.gif

LucaMs likes this.
  9. Star-Dust

Star-Dust Expert Licensed User

I have already read a similar conversation on: HERE

It seems to me that more than 500 $ no one has ever offered, perhaps in private agreements, but never in a post.

As already mentioned in other threads, for some they are few for an unemployed developer is better than nothing. Although I approve of the reasoning of Cableguy's carbody repairs. Offering 200-400 $ the result will be compared to the price.

But maybe instead of always doing the same conversation every year :D:D (we are already in 2018;)) I would say only I'm not interested :p:p

10. wonder

wonder Expert Licensed User

In my opinion, the problem is the usage of the words 'cheap programmer', not the offered value.

If the opening post looked like this:
    I don't think anyone would have had any problems with it, right? :)

11. LucaMs

Good attempt but insufficient :)

If a project consisting of 2500 lines is 90% complete and has only a few bugs and then you offer a maximum of $ 400, does this mean that it would take maximum of 4 hours of work on it? If so, why do not you complete it yourself, since you know your code?

12. klaus

klaus Expert Licensed User

Surprising!
    One request, 11 posts and no reaction from the person who asked !?

Devv and LucaMs like this.
  13. moster67

moster67 Expert Licensed User

As @sorex said, the money offered can be a month's wage for someone and I wouldn't be surprised if @Devv has already received an offer as per the request.
    I agree, if this is the case, @Devv should write that the offer is closed but perhaps due to the rather polemical comments he might have refrained from doing so....

14. LucaMs

I fear that he feels attacked.

We're joking, @Devv (with a truth fund, of course)

15. LucaMs

Furthermore, I suspect that we are all responding in this way because we know that today the programmer's work is underestimated and, above all, paid little.

I think that we are, unconsciously, venting our indignation for this, not against @Devv .

16. walterf25

walterf25 Well-Known Member Licensed User

To be honest, i've taken projects where I know for a fact that what they are offering is all they can afford, but only when i know the job will take minimum effort and i won't end up spending more than 30 minutes even an hour.

Some times i've done it just to help out.

Cheers,
    Walter

17. LucaMs

for 30 or 60 minutes, in the past I did it for the pleasure of helping others and then for free.

Now much less, because I find myself in a sea of trouble :p :(:(:(

walterf25 likes this.
  18. Cableguy

Cableguy Expert Licensed User

I'm not, it's the usual reaction with threads like this

19. moster67

moster67 Expert Licensed User

So this job-offer section should be closed?
    I think it's better that people refrain from commenting unless they are interested....

Edit: and I will stop now..

20. ilan

ilan Expert Licensed User

according to the job offer. can you post a link to the app so i can see how complex it is?

i may be interested :)

i did few apps in b4a and also in b4i so maybe i have the needed skills for that job. so a demo app to see what your app does may be a good start to see if it can be done in b4i and if the price is worth.

thanks, ilan