Android Question Google developer account terminated what is next?

Sasuke Sama

Licensed User
I got 3 strikes all of the sudden causing my 1 year old account to be terminated
I searched the internet and found that even if i created a new account it will be closed is this true?
If yes then what can i do to come back to the play store?

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Sorry to hear that. I have heard it is nearly impossible to come back. :(
What scares me is that you received 3 strikes at the same time! Did you by any chance neglect to adhere to any earlier warnings by Google?

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
and what were the strikes?

usually you can fix your stuff and resubmit your file or file an appeal.

Sasuke Sama

Licensed User
and what were the strikes?

usually you can fix your stuff and resubmit your file or file an appeal.
The state is suspended not rejected so i cant fix that
I hade an app called ZERO For Facebook
And one for Twitter and another for yahoo
They said that the problem is for using the word Facebook in the app name which dosent makes sense as lots of other apps on the store dose
Anyway
Now i want to make another account but as far as i can read on the internet they will close the accounts
Is it true?

Sasuke Sama

Licensed User
Sorry to hear that. I have heard it is nearly impossible to come back. :(
What scares me is that you received 3 strikes at the same time! Did you by any chance neglect to adhere to any earlier warnings by Google?
No it came all of the sudden

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Now i want to make another account but as far as i can read on the internet they will close the accounts
Is it true?
I fear it is. :(
Maybe you can write an appeal contacting a Google office in your country? I read that some developers have done that and some were successful to get their account reinstated but don't hold your breath.
Considering that you used famous brand-names, you were probably doomed to get into trouble. I work for an Intellectual Property firm and we have a sole department dealing with infringements and similar matters.....

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
they probably used their impersonating rule. But as he wrote there are tons of apps that have the name of another app in it.

Sasuke Sama

Licensed User
I fear it is. :(
Maybe you can write an appeal contacting a Google office in your country? I read that some developers have done that and some were successful to get their account reinstated but don't hold your breath.
Considering that you used famous brand-names, you were probably doomed to get into trouble. I work for an Intellectual Property firm and we have a sole department dealing with infringements and similar matters.....
I sent an appeal and waiting for an answer

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
But as he wrote there are tons of apps that have the name of another app in it
Of course but that is risky. I would think twice before publishing. It is after all written in the developer agreement/contract. In my opinion, better be safe than sorry.

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
That could be a valid reason.
He wrote that the app was called "ZERO For Facebook" and that is probably the reason.

We don’t allow apps that use another app or entity’s brand, title, logo, or name in a manner that may result in misleading users. Don’t try to imply an endorsement or relationship with another entity where none exists. Impersonation can occur even if there isn’t an intent to deceive, so please be careful when referencing any brands that do not belong to you

Sasuke Sama

Licensed User
Well i designed the logo myself and maked sure that it dosent look like any other one
I only need to know now how to make a new account and it its ok to just create one and they wont close it

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
there is also this Zero. app also for facebook zero. so it's conflicting with 2 apps in one go :)

panagiotisden2

Licensed User
there is also this Zero. app also for facebook zero. so it's conflicting with 2 apps in one go :)
I am the developer of the Zero dot app you are mentioning (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.orionapps.zerodot). About a month or two ago i received an email from google about the description of my app having the words "Facebook messenger" in it and how this is a 'Violation of Metadata policy'. So i changed these words to say the same thing but with a different choice of words, published the app with these changes and everything is OK since then.

omarruben

Licensed User
well... Google is not a kid with a knife... they look and check everything , if they suspend your account it is because you represent a risk for them and people who goes to the store to see apps, of course it is not perfect, but they are improving the store since day one.

Today to be taken seriously you have to have a online presence, so is not easy to create a new account and publish you app again, they will check who are you.

You did not explain why 3 times.... must be something really bad

Best solution , create your own website for your app, do some advertisement and on the page explain why your app is not on the play store... remember many people looks for apps outside the play store, a very specific and professional apps are published privately to very VIP customers

Multiverse app

Licensed User
You did not explain why 3 times
Above it is mentioned that they got strikes continuously on 3 of their apps.
Best solution , create your own website for your app, do some advertisement and on the page explain why your app is not on the play store
Not recommended, for obvious security reasons. Instead, the app listing can be created on other reputable app stores like Amazon or Samsung store, and they can redirect users to these app listings to download

Last edited:

omarruben

Licensed User
so what is not recommended????? to have freedom???? nobody should be abide by the rules of the big corporations !!!!
the security reason is just another way to scare people so this big corporations profit ... did you read the news..

FACEBOOK HAD A TEXT FILE WITH NAMES AND PASSWORDS

or like McAfee antivirus.... McAfee was the virus!!!