Share My Creation Google Glass Color Identifier - Probably the first APP in B4a to GG

Google Glass Color Identifier is an application for people with blindness or some difficulty to identify a particular color.
The app opens the camera and brand through a target a specific point to be correctly identified the color is right on target.
The color is shown both in a circle to increase the quality of the beholder and is also shown in text form to the user.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.visualnet.glasscolor

Attachments

• Mini_Screenshot_2013-11-07-20-05-56.jpg
    Mini_Screenshot_2013-11-07-20-05-56.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 4,609

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
very creative idea ;)

what do you think about adding a voice information every time the color change??

you can easy record the voice of the color from google translet and put them in your app

i think that would be nice to hear the voice not only read it

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
A few suggestions:

1- Keep the screen on while the app is running, having to tap the screen when it dims while you are "scanning" the color is a little annoying.

2- Add a "Processing..." or similar message while the color name is being determined, otherwise, the app gives the impression that it's getting the wrong color (for example, the last color scanned is DARK GRAY and you are pointing to RED)

3- I would get rid of the "Camera ready" message.

Nicely done.

Last edited:

RAJAN MBA

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi
Is there a routine to average the colors? I get a lot of 'grey' readings (using mobile) than 'green' when I focus on, say, a leaf.