Google is having fun with app removals due to missing privacy policy texts

Discussion in 'The Business Forum' started by sorex, Sep 27, 2018.

1. sorex

sorex Expert Licensed User

If you have apps using admob be sure you have an in-app privacy policy and one on a website which is entered in the google play console.

If not they just temporary remove your apps without giving a warning first.

Erel likes this.
  2. hookshy

hookshy Well-Known Member Licensed User

I had several issues with google also , after removing the content that violates policy they published the app again on the market.
    It depends on the one that reviews the app ...if he is at first time in the morning and he feels lucky :) you might have a problem when he cecks your apps ... there are some that pass over your app just to make time pass ....

This is why some of the apps I had run with errors many years with no problem until one guy ...search out and found out something spectacular about my app and decided to make actions just to be sure he has some activity :) sometimes i feel like I am beeing cecked by people that has nothing to do with app developement

They need activity to write something in their reports otherwise life can be boring, very interesting character this google friend ... hopefully I still live on the market

3. LucaMs

LucaMs Expert Licensed User

"Google Play requires developers to provide a valid privacy policy when the app requests or handles sensitive user or device information."
    My app, removed, asks the user to choose-invent a nick name; is this a "sensitive user information"???

We’ve identified that your app collects and transmits the Android advertising identifier
    What did they identify??? I suspect that they still have to identify (find) their father.

4. sorex

they just scan on the existance of ad libraries I guess and look at the app to see if there's a privacy policy on the main menu.

Apple requires it in the console but currently not (yet) in the app itself I believe.

5. sorex

not really but you'll have to put in your privacy policy that you will only use it for scoring reasons and not share it with third parties (as if they can use anything with it)

6. LucaMs

Sure, my user could choose Washington (George?) as nick name and I could sell this precious information or use it for... :eek::mad::mad::mad:

7. LucaMs

Google should think more on what it does with our texts on its search engine!
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

[EDIT] This is wrong: Google knows how to use this data.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  8. tigrot

tigrot Well-Known Member Licensed User

I'm getting bored about Google policies, I don't think to develop both Apple and Android any more.

f0raster0 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice