Google Play Family reviewing

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Anyone else here having their apps set to be family friendly or whatever it's called?

I had one app that was reviewed (by a bot?) and removed due to 'something'.

It's not clear what the problem is as I just got this standard mail that it was not conform policies/guidelines.
I believe it was something about requesting info about the player which I don't do at all.
The only thing that is requested is if the user wants to get personalized ads and that's only forced to display for EU users and the setting is off by default anyway.

A mail sent last week about more info is still unanswered.

In the time that passed some other apps were removed aswell and admob blocked ads on the first app aswell yesterday.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I should've posted this earlier as they replied to me after this post :)

still unclear what I need to do tho...

Hi Developers at ,

Thanks for contacting the Google Play team.

I’ve reviewed your appeal request and found that your app still violates Google Play Policy.
I’ve included details below about the specific issue with your app and what you can do to get your app back on Google Play.

Step 1: Fix the policy violation with your app

During review, we found that your app violates the Families Policy Requirements.
We have detected that your app collects personal and sensitive information from children, however this was not disclosed in the Target audience and content section in your Play Console.
Apps that include children in the target audience must comply with all Families Policy requirements, which requires that you disclose the collection of any personal and sensitive information in your app, including through APIs and SDKs called or used in your app.
You can read through the Families Policy Requirements page for more details and examples of common violations.
For example, we detected that your app collects Android Device ID and Advertising ID.
Please update your app to fix this issue. You may also want to double check that your app complies with all other policies listed in the Developer Policy Center as additional enforcement could occur if there are further policy violations.

<snip>
  • Apps that include children in the target audience must comply with all Families Policy Requirements, which requires that you disclose the collection of any personal and sensitive information in your app, including through APIs and SDKs called or used in your app.
  • If applicable, you must collect verifiable parental consent before collecting any personal and sensitive information from children.

It's their own admob code that violates their policies.

How should I fix this?

Is it enough to mention this in the privacy policy?

Or should I show the privacy policy at app start for everyone (not only EU) so that they see it and can enable personalized ads (it's default off)

And how should we do this verifiable parental consent? How do I know a kid opens the app?

Maybe it's easier to just pull it out of that family list and make it 13+ or 16+

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
still unclear what I need to do tho...

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
x-rated/sexual & gambling ads have been disabled for years.

they complain about using the deviceid & advertiserid but it's their own admob that does this.

the additional code they refer too is not available to use I guess?