Android Question Google Play has removed my app for not providing enough added value

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
I don't know if Amazon is really a good choice when almost every devices comes with Google Play on it.

I have some apps there and they never get the amount of installs as on gPlay.

Also keep in mind that you need to use Amazon's in-app purchasing sdk if you ditch google Play but still want to sell something.
Some store have detection methods and if they notice pruchasing code in your app they'll simply reject you and demand to use theirs
(to have their cut/% on each sale ofcourse)

JohnC

Licensed User
Here is the latest reply that I got from Google. They can't even give any additional information why my app was blocked. All they now do is refer to their "Spam" policy:
Thanks for keeping us updated and I hope it will result in a good outcome.

Syd Wright

Licensed User
Some store have detection methods and if they notice pruchasing code in your app they'll simply reject you and demand to use theirs (to have their cut/% on each sale ofcourse)
Yes, that also applies to Google Play. I once tried to publish a simplified app on Google Play with a built-in feature to upgrade to a far more elaborate "Pro" version, with payment for it via my website, but that got quickly banned on the basis of violating Google's terms.

Syd Wright

Licensed User
We pulled all our apps from the play store. They all now have their own auto updater built. We sell directly to our customer base, so the only advantage the app store had was for publishing updates. Since we do that now ourselves it much better.
You are definitely not the only one doing that. It would be interesting to hear more about how you made the auto-updater. Downloading and running an APK is easy, but the user always has to manually perform some tasks. Any code you wish to share?
How about all B4A developers join hands and we all start our own collective App Store (made and hosted by Erel)...

Last edited:

AnandGupta

Licensed User
I know one company having team of Android developer in A.Studio, Java etc. They sells the apps and first condition is "activate the ability to install 'non-market' apps" as all apps are developed as per client need and non are in GPlay.

Since they are making good business, so I think the people now are not adverse to non-market apps. They have faith on the developer.

Regards,

Anand

Jmu5667

Licensed User
You are definitely not the only one doing that. It would be interesting to hear more about how you made the auto-updater. Downloading and running an APK is easy, but the user always has to manually perform some tasks. Any code you wish to share?
How about all B4A developers join hands and we all start our own collective App Store (made and hosted by Erel)...
Yep. I will put together something soon, very busy at the moment, I may forget so please feel free to remind me. I will put together a sample app that does every thing.

Syd Wright

Licensed User
Latest Update: I have had a call from the Dutch markets and competition authority, ACM. They are most interested in my case and also fully agree with me that barring apps for competition reasons is very strange. How the ACM will proceed with my case has not been revealed to me because that is an internal matter for the ACM. However, they will be in contact with me for further information, if required.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
I remember that this behaviour was also on stores like SlideMe years ago.
If you would upload a sudoku game they would refuse it because there already enough of those on their store.

In my case it was a grid based puzzle game that was not even near sudoku or anything else but they saw a sudoku game and rejected the app and as I didn't like to argue with them I just removed my account there. :)