Google play: Negative ratings with no comments

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, it could be a sort of coincidence :
  • the app was published in june 2012 with no update
  • the users were 20 to have kindly rated it
  • in december 2012, I received the offer of the marketer and refused it
  • in december 2012, some days after having replied, the app received 37 bad ratings (1) and comments like "don't download this", "stupid app", etc.
I should have played bingo if it was a coincidence :)

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
I was very surprised because it was a free really unpretentious app. Since that time I have more than one dev account too

D

Deleted member 103

Can it be that these Negative Ratings are coming from the agencies which deliver the ratings for money?
I am often asked by those agencies if I want to buy their services.

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think there are not app without one star ratings. Guys remember that bad ratings are more easy to stick to your app. Most of the time after publising app you will get bad ranking first then will comme the good ranking ... it is simple the users that keept the app need time to test before giving you 5 stars .
If one guy have problems installing the app ...even if his fault or google play connection issue ...or something else and supposing he likes a lot the presentation your app idea you will most probably get bad ranking.

Remember that there are millions of peaople different ages, and thinking that will see your app from his ...litle brain cappabilities ...so do not expect everyone to understand what you have thought when creating the app.
More that that not all app are suited for everyone ...most people install app beeing curious and experiencing google play app download miracle.
Be sure when you your app found the suited user he will keep your app and you will have good ranking from him. it is very hard to make your app
discoverable !

It is a big isssue with how many installs an app has related to the number of active users .An sometimes active users not means that you app is generaly used daily . if it is a game it might be lost someplace waiting for un eventual unnistall.

GMan

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am often asked by those agencies if I want to buy their services.
Thats exactly what i mentioned - after receiving mails and mails from such "companies", i got also an uncommented 1 star rating on the app they asked for.

And now ?

Pffft ;)