Android Question Google Play Store: B4A Rapid Android App Development

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi PhilipBrown,

I have found your book at Google play store.
2018-08-02_233908.png

I have some Google Play credit and so I was planning to buy it from here. Before that I need some clarification, as I have some confusion.

1. Is the book on Google Play store latest ? It shows date 2015.
2. Can I download it and read offline on my computer ?
3. You mentioned "Customers who have bought the ebook in PDF, EPUB and Kindle formats from the Penny Press Store can now obtain a FREE upgrade to the latest edition for at least the first two years of ownership by visiting the upgrade page". Does it is valid for Google Play store too ? i.e. I get free upgrade for next 2 years.
4. If above is Yes, from where will I get the upgrades.

The above may seem silly for old timers but I am trying it for first time so do not want to burn my fingers. Hope you will understand me.

Regards,

Anand

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the reply.

Now the million dollar question, "to be or not to be" ! (be=buy :) )
1. Buying from Google Play will use my accumulated credits but no upgrade !
2. Buying from Penny Press will give me two years upgrade but need credit card !!

Since I do not have credit card and also haven't started developing yet, so will wait. May be Google Play will allow me free upgrade like Penny Press.

Regards,

Anand

Upvote 0

clarionero

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi. From my experience with the book (purchased when the first version was released), B4A is updated quite frequently as well as the Android requirements. An obsolete version of the book may not be valid at this time in aspects such as the use of services, Firebase, etc. My recommendation is that you buy it directly from their website.

Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hmmm... thanks for the advise clarionero. I will try for the same, as it looks better option.

Regards,

Anand

Upvote 0