Android Question GPS Location Changed and HTMLCSS

Richard O'Sullivan

Licensed User
Hi All,

I'm trying a very simple program to record my GPS location every minute and/or 5 meters.

The Location_Changed function is providing the data but where I included an SQL function to insert
data into the database I'm getting 2 records for the same location. It appears as if the function is holding a value and when a new location comes along it fires the SQL because the old location has changed and then finds that the new value now exists and fires it a second time. I've had to resolve using an alternating boolean value. Any ideas what exactly is happening and proper resolution?

Second issue i have is that I'm storing the data in a table using dbutils ExecuteHTML. The Lat and Lon fields only display to 4/5 decimal places - I want to display 8 decimal places. Can someone please explain the use of HTMLCSS noted with this function and better still provide a simple working example. Others have requested this option explained and "Search the forums " is not a helpful answer.

Richard

Richard O'Sullivan

Licensed User
Erel,

Attached is the project and database.
I've created GPSWriteData using a tag to skip every 2nd Write. It's commented out in the project. It works but it's ugly.

I've just noticed the HTMLCSS string in the DBUtils module.

Richard

Attachments

• Geo.zip
    11.8 KB · Views: 162
  • signcap.zip
    473 bytes · Views: 163
Upvote 0

Richard O'Sullivan

Licensed User
Thanks Erel,

I will check that out.

On the HTMLCSS topic I've realised that it's difficult to format numbers in CSS - its the table you format so I've switched to saving the Lat,Lon as Text and it displays as expected.

Richard

Upvote 0