GPS tracker via Google Earth

wolfgang

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
the GPS tracker allows you to watch / follow your Mobile (and a person) via Google Earth (GE) on your desktop. Tested with a HTC Cruiser (WM 6.0 Pro) and WLAN and GPRS. GE must be installed on the desktop and KML files connected with GE. If you are using a router, some settings have to be changed in the configuration to connect to your desktop. The following DLLs are needed: Binary-, Network- and GPSDriver DLL which are not included in the ZIP file. Please don’t beat me for the unbelievable GUI. It would be nice to test it “over the continents”.

Attachments

• gpstracker.zip
    94.8 KB · Views: 468

wolfgang

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
here is a version where you can test it on the desktop. The client_pc uses the GPSSerial.DLL. Change comport and baudrate for your own purpose. Start e.g. a Bluetooth connection to a GPS device. Start the GPS server, the name and IP are displayed, search and start Google Earth (you can run GE as usual too), start the GPS client, overtake the server IP, press LISTEN on the server, press CONNECT on the client. Now server and client should be connected. Start GPS and see what will happen.
Takt in sec: GE will be refreshed every X seconds, only the current point is displayed, you should confirm the overwriting in GE.
GPS trace max #: a trace will be displayed with max. X points, if max # is reached, the first point will be overwritten by the current point and so on. It looks like a moving snake.

Attachments

• clientpc.zip
    109.6 KB · Views: 367

Al Evans

Licensed User
Longtime User
GPS Tracker

Hi Wolfgang,

Found your tracker application after searching through the forum and it's just what I need as a basis for a project I'm doing, so thank you for providing it. However, cos I'm a newbie to Basic4ppc I was wondering if you could help me? How do I get the GPS Server component to listen to my router address (my public IP Address), rather than my local internal IP Address (192.x.x.x)?
When my PDA is strying to connect I can enter my router address but of course the GPS Server is listening on the local internal IP Address.

Many thanks

Alan