GpsSerial

Discussion in 'Basic4ppc Wishlist' started by wm.chatman, Oct 22, 2009.

1. wm.chatman

wm.chatman Well-Known Member Licensed User

Well I thought its time to make a Wish.
    like an Examp, on how to implement a Map (JPG, BMP) or such, using the GPSSerial.dll. Some Folks are just having Problems with this and maybe it would make things a might simpler, for some.:sign0089:

Thx

2. wm.chatman

GPS.dll would be of interest.

3. wm.chatman

:) My Xmas wish, wish, wish.

A example on using your own BMP or JPEG as a topo Map that sets tracks and waypoints, show position on Map using GPS.
    Using gpsdriver.dll or GPSSerial.dll, or the GPS.dll.

Best regards

Xmas wish

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  4. SarahWard

SarahWard Banned

Wow! That would go way beyond normal GPS code. You'd need to be able to calibrate a map (which would be a heavy coding task). Then you'd need to be able to convert a point on the map into lat/long coords using the calibration data.

If anyone can do that sort of coding, I would also be very interested in it. :)

5. mjcoon

mjcoon Well-Known Member Licensed User

I agree (if this is what you meant) that this would be a bit wide for a DLL/library. And I thought that this forum was meant for wishes for features of Basic4PPC itself rather than for additional libraries or for contributed applications.

But I draw your attention to the "Scaled Maps" application that mentions that it does geo-referencing to lat/long (but only two points so no compensation for skew) and does not have any connection to GPS input.

But the latter doesn't sound very onerous! Especially since GPS4PPC includes a GUI for choosing datum and so forth. Can't be long before someone stitches the two together...

Mike.

6. klaus

klaus Expert Licensed User

Hello SarahWard.

Did you have a look at the http://www.basic4ppc.com/forum/tutorials/5191-graphics-tutorial.html ?

There is already a chapter on 'Drawing on a scaled image' with an example program, not directly linked to GPS yet.

This exists in the http://www.basic4ppc.com/forum/share-your-creations/3674-scaled-maps.html program.

There will come an update of the Graphics Tutorial with a 'GPS Graphics' chapter in the near future.

Best regards.

7. SarahWard

SarahWard Banned

Fantastic, Thank you guys.

8. wm.chatman

:) Hi Klaus and Sarah Ward.

Klaus,

Thats what is missing...

Your Statement: There will come an update of the Graphics Tutorial with a 'GPS Graphics' chapter in the near future.

There are alot off Tutorials on this Site. and I agree that an Updated Graphics Tutorial with a 'GPS Graphics' chapter in the near future is due. Maybe a 'How to Bind a GPS to said Graphics' besides other things also, would help!?

this sounds very promising. :sign0060:

I Myself and other Forum Members? are very interested in such. It will be the only thing I will be envolved with in the near Future. That, and of cource Dbase.

Best regards

William

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice