Android Code Snippet Grabbing the Analog Clock at android.widget.AnalogClock

Discussion in 'Code Snippets' started by Johan Schoeman, Apr 5, 2015.

Similar threads

B4A Library Clocks library
Java Question Ambitious first library
B4A Question Analog Clock with custom hands
B4A Tutorial Automatic Foreground Mode
B4A Library Johan's Overview
  1. Johan Schoeman

Johan Schoeman Expert Licensed User

AnalogClock.png

See the attached project....You will need library Reflection (V2.4) to be enabled.

Change the value of the corner radius of the customview (AC) in the designer to a larger value (up to for eg 100) to get closer to a perfect circular border around the clock.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
    lemonisdead and davidt like this.
  2. davidt

davidt Member Licensed User

Thanks for the code snippet Johan. I have implemented with the Analog clock and it works fine.

I was hoping you may be able to help me with a question re using this method to add other widgets to the home screen. I have tried with several other widgets but am having issues working out what the string for the first parameter on the CreateObject2 method should be. I have used the InstalledProviders property in the RSSmartWidgets object to attempt to retrieve the package/class names for the widgets installed on the device, but am having no luck with displaying the widget as I am not sure how I derive the widget class name from the ComponentInfo that is returned in the InstalledProviders list.

Any help you could provide would be much appreciated.

Dave

3. Johan Schoeman

Johan Schoeman Expert Licensed User

What widgets are you interested in making use of? I will have to revisit this project as it has been some time since I have done it.

4. davidt

Thanks for your reply Johan. I ended up using the RSSmartwidgets library to enabled widget functionality I no longer have the need to determine the class names.
    I appreciate you reply.
    Dave

Johan Schoeman likes this.
  5. davidt

Hi Johan,

Requirements have changed again :(

The widgets I am looking at using are the Garmin widgets in bold below. I am unsure of how I specify the package name for the CreateObject2 method.

So line 1. below is from your code snippet and works fine. Whereas line 2. fails with the error show below.

1. mac=R.CreateObject2("android.widget.AnalogClock",Array As Object(R.GetContext),Array As String("android.content.Context"))
    2. mac=R.CreateObject2("com.garmin.garminwidget.WhereToWidgetProvider",Array As Object(R.GetContext),Array As String("android.content.Context"))

Any help would be appreciated and getting the format of the call to the CreateObject2 method correct.

Regards,
    Dave

(ArrayList)
    [AppWidgetProviderInfo(provider=ComponentInfo{com.garmin.garminwidget/com.garmin.garminwidget.FleetWhereToViewMapWidget}), AppWidgetProviderInfo(provider=ComponentInfo{com.garmin.garminwidget/com.garmin.garminwidget.WhereToWidgetProvider}), AppWidgetProviderInfo(provider=ComponentInfo{com.garmin.garminwidget/com.garmin.garminwidget.NavigationWidgetProvider}), AppWidgetProviderInfo(provider=ComponentInfo{com.garmin.garminwidget/com.garmin.garminwidget.NavigationStopButtonProvider}),]

Error Message:

Error occurred on line: 18 (GarminWidgetClass)
    java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.garmin.garminwidget.WhereToWidgetProvider
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.agraham.reflection.Reflection.CreateObject2(Reflection.java:268)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.shell.Shell.runMethod(Shell.java:703)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.shell.Shell.raiseEventImpl(Shell.java:337)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.shell.Shell.raiseEvent(Shell.java:247)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.ShellBA.raiseEvent2(ShellBA.java:134)
    at Dashboard.Extreme.main.afterFirstLayout(main.java:102)
    at Dashboard.Extreme.main.access$000(main.java:17)
    at Dashboard.Extreme.main$WaitForLayout.run(main.java:80)
    at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:725)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:153)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5294)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:833)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:600)
    at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
    Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.garmin.garminwidget.WhereToWidgetProvider
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.agraham.reflection.Reflection.classforname(Reflection.java:170)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.agraham.reflection.Reflection.CreateObject2(Reflection.java:261)
    ... 20 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.garmin.garminwidget.WhereToWidgetProvider
    at java.lang.Class.classForName(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:217)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:172)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.agraham.reflection.Reflection.classforname(Reflection.java:167)
    ... 21 more
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/garmin/garminwidget/WhereToWidgetProvider
    ... 25 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.garmin.garminwidget.WhereToWidgetProvider" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/data/app/Dashboard.Extreme-2.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/data/app-lib/Dashboard.Extreme-2, /vendor/lib, /system/lib]]
    at dalvik.system.BaseDexClassLoader.findClass(BaseDexClassLoader.java:53)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:501)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:461)
    ... 25 more
    ** Activity (main) Resume **

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice