Hardware Library 3.10 Error

Discussion in 'Questions (Windows Mobile)' started by Louis, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Louis

Louis Active Member Licensed User

Hi Erel,
    In the IDE and when using the optomized compiler with the Hardware.dll library for the device, on the desktop I get this error:
    Error compiling program. Error message: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more
    information.
    OK
    Will renaming HardwareDesktop.dll to Hardware.dll and compiling with the optimized compiler and then replacing the desktop version of Hardware.dll with the version for the device link it correctly? When using the legacy way of compiling, the hardware.dll for the device has no problems. Thanks.

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

You should use the Hardware / HardwareDesktop files that came with V6.0.
    The DLLVersion is 3.2.

3. Louis

Louis Active Member Licensed User

Hi. I replaced the libraries and still get the same error when trying to compile optomized apps for the device that link with the device version. The desktop version works fine on the desktop, but it compiles fine for the device if I turn off the optomized compilation. Also, this error comes up in the IDE when adding the hardware.dll library to both the desktop and the device, or either one. Thanks.

4. Erel

Please try to compile the attached file using the included libraries.

Attached Files:

5. funkyjunk

funkyjunk New Member Licensed User

Load error with hardware library

I just installed the basic4ppc yesterday and I'm getting the same error as the OP

"Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information."

The Hardware.dll and HardwareDesktop.dll are copied into my build directory as they should be, but it throws up an error and I can't add a hardware object to the project.

6. Erel

Did you add Hardware.dll to the device and HardwareDesktop.dll to the desktop in the components dialog?