Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
upload_2014-12-19_18-38-56.png

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm inclined to believe that the space below the Activity 'till the button bottom of 800 is what the OS uses to display its command icons (Home, Back..).
So, I'd say what you see is correct.

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm inclined to believe that the space below the Activity 'till the button bottom of 800 is what the OS uses to display its command icons (Home, Back..).

S.O.? Uhm... If so, If I change the O.S. version it should not happen, but I'm not so sure.
I'll try creating another emulator, maybe some setting...!

Thanks, @udg

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

In post #1 I'm not using an Emulator nor Device, it is only the Designer!

I set the variant height to 800, button height to 800 and they are not equal!?!?!

This can be just a real and huge bug!

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
800 is the total screen height not the 'usable' screen size!
So your the buttun bottom is below the usable screen bottom.
If you set, in the Designer, Show Title to False and Full Screen to True the button will fill the whole screen.

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Please, Klaus, see the image well... I set Show Title = False and Full Screen = True.

I'm thinking that the problem is also related to the Grid setting.
After many tests, setting it to 10 then to 50, closing and opening the Project again (not just the Designer) the button sometimes will be completly out of Designer or half inside it. Randomly :D :( :mad:

[correction: a label I added will be outside the Designer, not the button; but the error is there, anyway]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have B4A 3.00: get you the same situation with the 3.82 or 4.00?
Yes !

I'm afraid that it is a problem in the Designer with the 1280 x 800 layout.
A similar layout with 960 x 600 and a button height of 600 it is OK.
Erel should check it.

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is not a bug. The correct solution is to use anchors or to remove the title and set full screen to true (in the activity properties).

WOW this is not right, alleluja, hehehe. It is not wrong, anyway :( :D

First of all because I don't have the anchor feature (b4a 3.0).

Second, if I'm not mistaken, anchor helps you to maintain the aspect ratio at run time, but I'm drawing and would like to see the proportions between the display and the views right at design time.

Finally, because I used FullScreen = True and ShowTitle = False (and also removed the title text).

Thanks

upload_2014-12-21_9-28-29.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The bar at the button cannot be removed. So even in full screen you lose a few pixels (the abstract designer removes 48 pixels for that).

There is a bug here and it is related to the emulation of Android 4+ phone devices which don't remove this offset. However it is not really important as you should not rely on the exact size. There are so many devices that you shouldn't try to match the exact values of any device.

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
However it is not really important as you should not rely on the exact size. There are so many devices that you shouldn't try to match the exact values of any device.

Uhm... then I have the solution:
I will make sure that the user can resize and move all views at will.

(I'm kidding of course, although it would be possible)

Thanks Erel

Upvote 0