Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
HI R-duino Gurus!

I have this module!
hc06.jpg
This is NOT a BLE module...
Is there anyone that could set an example on how to use it to send/receive STRING values?

Arduino Bluetooth.png

inakigarm

Licensed User
Longtime User
Have you
HI R-duino Gurus!

I have this module!
This is NOT a BLE module...
Is there anyone that could set an example on how to use it to send/receive STRING values?

Me too, if you follow this tutorial it works

Look also at https://b4x.com/android/forum/threads/hm10-without-shield-connection.66014/ and https://b4x.com/android/forum/threads/unexpected-results-on-bluetooth-comms-b4r-b4j.66060/

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Hi cableguy
Yes, I worked with this individual in many projects and it is straightforward and easy to use.. it's a slave so you may not use it to send or initiate communication session.
If you need to us it as master then you should use the HC-05 instead. Otherwise you can just see it as a wireless data transceiver, that's it. Your app will address it
as serial port. I didn't use it with Arduino, but If I wanted then I would first power it up, discover it by the B4A Bluetooth example and write down the MAC address, then
use that address in designing the B4R app.
good luck

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Beja, thanks for the info!
I'm hopping to use it as a slave(?) in a "robot" I'm planning... so it will not issue commands, but I still would like to receive feedback from it, like being able to set a flag on a response.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Beja, thanks for the info!
I'm hopping to use it as a slave(?) in a "robot" I'm planning... so it will not issue commands, but I still would like to receive feedback from it, like being able to set a flag on a response.

They are the same, you can send and receive with HC-6 but the first time you can not use it to initiate the communication.
The link provided by cableguy is useful.
Edit:
The HC-5 can be configured as master or slave by AT commands.. the default is master, means that it comes from factory as master.
while the HC-6 can only be used as slave and can not be altered or re-configured.

Last edited: