Hello riders arownd the world

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Any b4x motocycle drivers arownd here ?

Post your motocycle models with your review about model pros and cons !

Every country has it own trafic speed depending on the roads you met , tell us about riding with motocycles in your country .

What do you do in trafic to see and be seen ?

Thank you for your interest.

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
IZH Planet 3 russian motocycle
1 cylinder
2 strokes
350cmc
180kG

moto.jpg

Hope to post my new motocycle soon until then here is some pros and cons about this motocycle:

Pro:
- 19 front weel - it can run on every road , street or off-road
- Fluel consumtion 3.5/100 km
- Good riding position with both feet on ground
- confortable riding suited for adventure traveling
-confortable for pasenger riding

Con:
- Very bad foot controls position (rear break not handy , decompresor pedal)
- Manually engine start with decompresor
- Not suited to run on autorute on long distances
- No abs (if refering to new bikes) all though it is very hard to lock the front wheel due to its brakes
- Most probably too old to keep it in good shape, unless you have a good mechanic and some spare parts

Romania is no longer a country for motocycling .
Poor infrastructure , bad roads , no respect for motocyclists
With all that there are some top motocyles roads in Romania that it worth seeing once in a lifetime :
https://ro.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfăgărășan

Last edited:

Claudio Oliveira

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey @hookshy
Nice thread.
I'm 62 now and have been a rider since I was 18. That makes 44 years on two wheels.
Now I ride a 2013 Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic.
It's a good bike.
It's not a touring model, but it does ok on the road, despite the fact that most brazilian roads are absolute crap.
It is a four stroke balanced V2 engine, with 96 cubic inches (1573 cc)
Pros:
- Balanced engine: reduced uncomfortable vibration
- ABS breaks
- Good riding position with both feet on ground
- Excellent cycling and maneuverability
- Good and fast engine responses
- It's a softail model, so it is mono shock suspension. Confortable and stable.

Cons:
- Fuel consumption: approximately 6 l/100 km (17 Km/l) - average. It's a heavy drinker.
- Not so comfortable seats for both rider and passenger. There are spare comfort seats for sale.
- Air (almost) cooled: OK on the road, but a nightmare to ride in the city's jammed traffic, like Rio de Janeiro in summer. It gets really hot! :D

Overall, it's a very good bike. I've travelled a lot with her through Brasil and some other countries in South America.

Ride safe! :cool:
20150215_133921.jpg

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Around the world? I live in the most beautiful city in the world; Why should I travel? Besides on only two wheels? I'm not crazy!

Claudio has 44 years on two wheels , although I have been riding as passanger from 7years of old only this month when I am almost 40 years old I will get my driving licence.
You must feel if you want to drive and when the moment comes !
For most of us the most beautiful town of the world is probably : home ....you discover this by traveling :)

Claudio Oliveira

Licensed User
Longtime User
Around the world? I live in the most beautiful city in the world; Why should I travel? Besides on only two wheels? I'm not crazy!
:p
Hi, @LucaMs
What a coincidence!!! I live in the most beautiful city in the world too!
Except for the fact that my city is a few thousand miles away from yours... :p
In fact, I've been to Rome twice, and it's one of the most amazing cities in the world, indeed.
And the best ice cream EVER! Lucky you!
But I don't think I would ride a bike there... People drive like crazy in Rome! :D

Claudio Oliveira

Licensed User
Longtime User
Claudio has 44 years on two wheels , although I have been riding as passanger from 7years of old only this month when I am almost 40 years old I will get my driving licence.
You must feel if you want to drive and when the moment comes !
For most of us the most beautiful town of the world is probably : home ....you discover this by traveling :)

Yeah, that's right. There's a song about riding that says: "Once you get on it's hard to get off..." So true.
Well, me and my wife we try to travel at least once a year, when she's on vacations. I'm retired, so I'm always on vacations... :p
In holidays and weekends we use to get on the bike and hit the road for a couple of days. Good times indeed!

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
But I don't think I would ride a bike there... People drive like crazy in Rome!
This is also why it is better to move on four stable wheels :)

And the best ice cream EVER! Lucky you!
Ice cream and all the gastronomy, women, monuments, museums, climate, sociability of people, sea, ...
I could continue but risking to block this site :D

Take all your goodies before reading .... riding motorcycles is very dangerous.

Last edited:

Claudio Oliveira

Licensed User
Longtime User
Take all your goodies before reading .... riding motorcycles is very dangerous.
Well, it's more dangerous than driving a car, yes, but far more pleasant and fun. With care and responsibility, you can survive. :D
I've been riding for 44 years now. No incidents, no falls, no crashes. Praise the Lord! Hope it goes on this way.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
With care and responsibility, you can survive
Automobile accidents also occur for other people's faults; but if a driver hits you when you are in a car you are much more likely to remain unharmed, if he touches you when you drive a motorcycle at 60 km / h, often you "make a bad end".

Anyone but above all a parent should not drive motorcycles.

[This post was sponsored by MMA, "Motorcycle Manufacturers Association" :p]

Last edited:

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is me:
IMG_1578 (Custom).JPG

Nine years ago. Two hours later, the bike was dead and one it's way to the scrapyard!
The nice blue one next to me was my brothers bike. We were planning tot our the UK.

Claudio Oliveira

Licensed User
Longtime User
It was a 125cc Marauder, bought cheap sold as seen.
We never did do the UK tour, but I have two children now, so the tour will have to wait.
Wise decision!
You're still a young lad... Bikes can wait... ;)

Claudio Oliveira

Licensed User
Longtime User
Automobile accidents also occur for other people's faults; but if a driver hits you when you are in a car you are much more likely to remain unharmed, if he touches you when you drive a motorcycle at 60 km / h, often you "make a bad end".
That's right... This might happen, indeed... :(
On the other hand, this might not happen... :D
Chances are 50/50. Pretty fair...

Anyone but above all a parent should not drive motorcycles.
[This post was sponsored by MMA, "Motorcycle Manufacturers Association" :p]
:D