Android Question [help] Google Play App Signing

Hugo de Paiva Nunes

Licensed User
Hello, I'm having a problem updating an app I have in the playStore. I created the apk with B4A, I did not create a signature, I probably used the debug keystore, but I always managed to update normally, since I made it with the B4A. Before long I started using IONIC, and I developed an update for this application but I can not upload to the google console because the subscription does not match. I thought about getting the B4A debug.keystore file to sign my apico created by IONIC, but at the time of assing a password is requested. What would this password be by default? Someone knows a solution, my apk already has a high public and did not want to have to post the app again and lose the statistics of the download.

Hugo de Paiva Nunes

Licensed User
The problem is not the key to have changed, I believe I have not updated the B4A. When I create the release of my app I can upload it to the google console. However, as I said I am with the project not signed in IONIC, and would like to sign with the same key used, as I used the debug.keystore I can not sign the apico created by IONIC without entering a password. What would be the password for debug.keystore. I can not create another .keytore because my app has already been signed with this one from B4A, it must be the same as google pro accept

Upvote 0

BillMeyer

Licensed User
Longtime User
What I am about to state is personal opinion and personal experience.

I walked this path with a dear friend about 18 months ago. He ultimately lost all his apps and statistics and started from rock bottom again with everything. He is in the advantaged position of being a "lone" developer in his business - so he did not have the expense of having to pay his staff as well as their developer licenses.

I think you have made a mistake by not sticking with B4A. The reason being is that you are going to loose all your downloads/statistics (this by the way is not a B4A thing - it's a Google Play/Apple thing) and on a business commercial decision, what you pay to IONIC in 4.44 months has bought a 2 (yes TWO) year subscription to B4A/B4i of which about 80% of the code base is re-usable between the two platforms and you get a VERY VERY STRONG Community on the Forum willing to help with anything.

I would encourage you to look at the main reasons why people/developers are moving away from hybrids (and I can affirm to this with my friends experience where Apple suddenly rejected all his apps (24) on the basis mentioned in this video) apart from certain security issues that are inherent in these hybrids and ultimately your customers safety is of your prime concern. Video Here:
I understand the need for eye candy and "quick flip" apps to some developers means more than good solid functionality, and that is probably where I differ in my approach as I do systemic apps that are integrated with backends and available on Android, iOS and Windows.

Ultimately, it is your choice who you want to use - me, personally, It would take WW3 to move me from B4X !!

My apologies if I have offend you or anyone else - but this is my personal opinion. Hope it helps.

Enjoy !!

PS. Erel if this is a problem - please remove.

Upvote 0

Hugo de Paiva Nunes

Licensed User
I was able to sign with the password that I passed "android" and using the alias "androiddebugkey". When trying to load google console I received the following error:
"You have uploaded an APK with an invalid signature.Appigner error: ERROR (Jar signer ANDROIDD.DSA): JAR signature META-INF / ANDROIDD.DSA uses digest algorithm SHA-256 and signature algorithm DSA which is not supported on API Level (s) 19-21 for which this APK is being verified. "

I signed up using the following command:
jarsigner -verbose -keystore "C:\temp\IONIC 3\PROJETOS\calculadoraTaxas\minha-chave.keystore" "C:\temp\IONIC 3\PROJETOS\calculadoraTaxas\platforms\android\app\build\outputs\apk\release\app-release-unsigned.apk" androiddebugkey

minha-chave.keystore is debug.keystore, which may have occurred differently, since the signed with b4A works for loading and the manual signature does not?

Upvote 0