Help: How to make a Setup cab and Port to Pocket PC

wm.chatman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Does somebody on this FORUM have a hpPPC-H5550 and know how to make a Setup CAB using SetupBuilder, and Port to device IDE?

Using the Basic4ppc App and the GPS4PPC Sample Project, I want to make a Setup for the hpPPC.
How can i get this to work with SetupBuilder, and what Data from the Sample Project or EXE are needed to Port the Data to the PocketPc?
I have tried different ways, with NO Luck. Are there any Masters on this Forum with the KNOW HOW???
Seems to me the OLD TIMERS get the most HLP. A Newby to the Subject, I would really appreciate this.

Thank you
Sincerely,

WmC

Last edited:

Mr_Gee

Licensed User
Longtime User
Does somebody on this FORUM have a hpPPC-H5550 and know how to make a Setup CAB using SetupBuilder, and Port to device IDE?

Using the Basic4ppc App and the GPS4PPC Sample Project, I want to make a Setup for the hpPPC.
How can i get this to work with SetupBuilder, and what Data from the Sample Project or EXE are needed to Port the Data to the PocketPc?
I have tried different ways, with NO Luck. Are there any Masters on this Forum with the KNOW HOW???
Seems to me the OLD TIMERS get the most HLP. A Newby to the Subject, I would really appreciate this.

I think no-one has that particular PPC, luckily the only difference is the OS.

now, for the other questions, yes most of us know how to make a cab...
if this is not working for you then you must be doing something wrong.

with the sample project create an exe (compile)
load up this exe and al the required files in the setup builder
and you should end up with a cab file...

if it doesn't work you can post what you did and the errors you saw.
also posting the same question 3 times does not help in getting it answered.. I think this also is the reason why us "Oldtimers" get "more" help...when i have a quesion i try to add as much information as possible...

taximania

Licensed User
Longtime User
Why do you need a cab file ?

1. Code your application.
2. Compile for device.
3. Copy the .exe and other files to your device.
4. Voila !, job done.

Unless your going to distribute your application to a market of people who
can't install an .exe on their device your wasting your time.
They probably can't install a Cab file either.

If your still after the GPS program, please start a new thread with your device specs, Gps device specs etc.
I've got WM6 on my device and non of the Gps stuff work on it. I've stopped asking.
TomTom works a treat though :)

As for 'OLD TIMERS' getting more help on the forum, I've probably spent more hours on Google and MSDN looking for solutions
for my coding than the number of questions I've asked on the forum in the last 2 months.

Newbies are always welcome on the forum. Input helps everybody :)
I and the rest of the Old Timers will always respond to a question,
if we think we can actually help with the question asked ;)

wm.chatman

Licensed User
Longtime User
RE: Setup Cab

Hi Mr.Gee and taximania

Thanks for your reply.

EDIT:

I finaly got it to work... the device did not have NET 2.0 installed. Darn It.
I went to the developers website, got some data and installed the darn NET 2.0 on device. Let me Quote a member on the Forum: It was like shooting an ant with a cannon, but at least the ant is dead, and i've learned something as well..

I, myself am very grateful for the assistance I've received.
P.S. May I call upon your help if need be? I am still trying to work out another Problem.

Thank you
Sincerely,

WmC