How make money with b4x?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Eme Fibonacci, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Eme Fibonacci

Eme Fibonacci Well-Known Member Licensed User

Obviously I am don't mean android apps (Play store) or iOS apps (apple store).

If you have a good idea please share it with me:):):):):).

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  2. DonManfred

DonManfred Expert Licensed User

I´m making money with wrapping libraries for customers since years.
    Not enough to replace my Jobincome but i was able to buy some things with it.
    For ex.
    - New 55" TV
    - New Washingmachine incl. Dryer
    - New Bike
    - New Bed.
    - Some Tablets

3. udg

udg Expert Licensed User

..and selling your:
    - old TV
    - old washing machine
    - old bike
    you will earn some more..eheh

ilan and Descartex like this.
  4. DonManfred

Gave it to someone who does not own a TV
    was defective
    didn´t had one

hehe

5. udg

udg Expert Licensed User

Well, I guess your April's financial report won't suffer that much from those missed incomes :)

My son is studying java in his high school course, so from time to time I get a glimpse of what they do. Yesterday it was the simulation of buy/selling an appartment. My java knowledge is very limited but maybe I could count on the whole bunch of classmates to start a business: code for a bike! I'm joking here, but it's probabily easier to sell small chunks of code (if they solve problems at hand) than a real, big and complex project.

6. Kiffi

Kiffi Well-Known Member Licensed User

and cat food of course ;-)

Peter Simpson and DonManfred like this.
  7. DonManfred

And Cattoys, CatTrees, CatRestplaces. And for sure (sorry, i don´t know the english name for it)
    "Latzenleckerlies"
    [​IMG]

KMatle likes this.
  8. Magma

Magma Well-Known Member Licensed User

The only way to make "much" (???-irs is coming after that :)) money is making custom solutions... for "something" not "covered" by the big lists of ready to use software!

Peter Simpson and Cableguy like this.
  9. Magma

Magma Well-Known Member Licensed User

and the next question will be: "what... not covered?"

10. mangojack

mangojack Well-Known Member Licensed User

Cat Treats ...

what not just one ... ? maybe 3 , 6 or fifty :)

11. DonManfred

i wrote some. I have 4 as of now.

mangojack likes this.
  12. Cableguy

Cableguy Expert Licensed User

Niche Software Solutions (if I one day get around creating a soft company, that will be its name.
    I am in the very early stages of (trying to) developing a "Complete Project Manager" aimed specially to the FTTH sub-contractors like the company I'm actually working for.
    If successful, my boss will be my first"client" and then the big bucks will begin to roll in...

13. KMatle

KMatle Expert Licensed User

:D

14. LucaMs

LucaMs Expert Licensed User

1) if someone had a very good idea of how to make money by programming he would not share it;
    2) the best way is the one shown by DonManfred: providing to others (poor deluded) development tools.

Jmu5667 likes this.
  15. Mashiane

Mashiane Expert Licensed User

Pay school fees
    Buy tires for the car
    Get Apple TV, Netflix
    Get new i7 hp
    Get iphone for B4i development
    Get son new phone for birthday
    Get my little girls bikes
    Send money to big bro and little sis
    Donate to charity
    Pay some salaries..
    Spoil my mom and gran mother
    Get latest versions of B4A and B4i

This is becoming a grocery list... ha ha ha, from wishes to reality.

wyatt420 likes this.
  16. Eme Fibonacci

There are thousands of games and apps in the play store. All days new games are add. Of course, there is still opportunity but it seems like a lotto.
    Sometimes don't make sense. Good apps have 500 downloads after years and a simple calculator have 10 millions download after months.

17. canalrun

canalrun Well-Known Member Licensed User

This thread could turn into a very good discussion…

I've always found it to be much more profitable to work as a consultant (contractor) for a specific customer. The customer might want to do a "proof of concept" application showing that something is possible, or he might want to produce an application for in-house use that supports his workload.

With this type of application you are usually targeting specific hardware or maybe a specific hardware manufacturer's phones rather than trying to produce an application that works on all mass-market devices. The application targets specific needs rather than trying to appeal to everybody. The cost benefit of producing the application is usually obvious and that determines what can be spent on development.

It is very similar to DonManfred's "making libraries".

The B4X suite is perfect for this type of solution.

- Many manufacturing machines interface via Bluetooth. Someone might want a controller or status display for a specific machine that makes it easier for a person to oversee a manufacturing process. The machine's manufacturer might offer this feature, but it is part of a larger package that is far too expensive.

- Someone may want to prove that a smart phone platform can be used to gather data and upload to the main computer system – to prove to upper management that a larger project is worth pursuing.

Finding these types of jobs almost seems like magic. I think doing stuff like this can be financially rewarding and a lot of fun.

Barry.

18. Enrique Gonzalez R

Enrique Gonzalez R Well-Known Member Licensed User

i make software for small companies that usally cannot afford a large ERP or custom made software,

B4J is very good for this situations as its RAD property allows easy and fast coding and creating apps based on my customers requirements its usually a breeze.

some examples already created and sold:
    - Clinic
    - Restaurant (b4a + mqtt for taking orders in a tablet)
    - School
    - grocery store
    - Quiz and polls (b4j APi and Web) and b4a for offline polls until internet connection is reached
    - Attendance
    - invoicing

and some other small apps sometimes for specific functions like backing up databases and files.

more or less each software took me 3 months and sold it by aprox 2000 us dlls. Not enough for a living but it allows me to have some extra cash for nuisances

19. Eme Fibonacci

This thread already be a good thread many good ideas can be discovered here.

20. fredo

fredo Active Member Licensed User

Good man.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice