How make money with b4x?

Eme Fibonacci

Licensed User
Longtime User
Obviously I am don't mean android apps (Play store) or iOS apps (apple store).

If you have a good idea please share it with me:):):):):).

Last edited:

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I´m making money with wrapping libraries for customers since years.
Not enough to replace my Jobincome but i was able to buy some things with it.
For ex.
- New 55" TV
- New Washingmachine incl. Dryer
- New Bike
- New Bed.
- Some Tablets

Last edited:

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
..and selling your:
- old TV
- old washing machine
- old bike
you will earn some more..eheh

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, I guess your April's financial report won't suffer that much from those missed incomes :)

My son is studying java in his high school course, so from time to time I get a glimpse of what they do. Yesterday it was the simulation of buy/selling an appartment. My java knowledge is very limited but maybe I could count on the whole bunch of classmates to start a business: code for a bike! I'm joking here, but it's probabily easier to sell small chunks of code (if they solve problems at hand) than a real, big and complex project.

Last edited:

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The only way to make "much" (???-irs is coming after that :)) money is making custom solutions... for "something" not "covered" by the big lists of ready to use software!

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The only way to make "much" (???-irs is coming after that :)) money is making custom solutions... for "something" not "covered" by the big lists of ready to use software!
Niche Software Solutions (if I one day get around creating a soft company, that will be its name.
I am in the very early stages of (trying to) developing a "Complete Project Manager" aimed specially to the FTTH sub-contractors like the company I'm actually working for.
If successful, my boss will be my first"client" and then the big bucks will begin to roll in...

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Pay school fees
Buy tires for the car
Get Apple TV, Netflix
Get new i7 hp
Get iphone for B4i development
Get son new phone for birthday
Get my little girls bikes
Send money to big bro and little sis
Donate to charity
Pay some salaries..
Spoil my mom and gran mother
Get latest versions of B4A and B4i

This is becoming a grocery list... ha ha ha, from wishes to reality.

Eme Fibonacci

Licensed User
Longtime User
There are thousands of games and apps in the play store. All days new games are add. Of course, there is still opportunity but it seems like a lotto.
Sometimes don't make sense. Good apps have 500 downloads after years and a simple calculator have 10 millions download after months.

canalrun

Licensed User
Longtime User

This thread could turn into a very good discussion…

I've always found it to be much more profitable to work as a consultant (contractor) for a specific customer. The customer might want to do a "proof of concept" application showing that something is possible, or he might want to produce an application for in-house use that supports his workload.

With this type of application you are usually targeting specific hardware or maybe a specific hardware manufacturer's phones rather than trying to produce an application that works on all mass-market devices. The application targets specific needs rather than trying to appeal to everybody. The cost benefit of producing the application is usually obvious and that determines what can be spent on development.

It is very similar to DonManfred's "making libraries".

The B4X suite is perfect for this type of solution.

- Many manufacturing machines interface via Bluetooth. Someone might want a controller or status display for a specific machine that makes it easier for a person to oversee a manufacturing process. The machine's manufacturer might offer this feature, but it is part of a larger package that is far too expensive.

- Someone may want to prove that a smart phone platform can be used to gather data and upload to the main computer system – to prove to upper management that a larger project is worth pursuing.

Finding these types of jobs almost seems like magic. I think doing stuff like this can be financially rewarding and a lot of fun.

Barry.

EnriqueGonzalez

Licensed User
Longtime User
i make software for small companies that usally cannot afford a large ERP or custom made software,

B4J is very good for this situations as its RAD property allows easy and fast coding and creating apps based on my customers requirements its usually a breeze.

some examples already created and sold:
- Clinic
- Restaurant (b4a + mqtt for taking orders in a tablet)
- School
- grocery store
- Quiz and polls (b4j APi and Web) and b4a for offline polls until internet connection is reached
- Attendance
- invoicing

and some other small apps sometimes for specific functions like backing up databases and files.

more or less each software took me 3 months and sold it by aprox 2000 us dlls. Not enough for a living but it allows me to have some extra cash for nuisances