How much detail for the App Store description?

TnP

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Everyone,
I'm looking at submitting my first iOS app to the Play Store and am wondering how much information I need to put into the description for App Review?

The app interfaces to custom data logger hardware (designed in-house) via Bluetooth LE and unloads logged data. It then formats it into a CSV file and transfers it to our FTP server.

In addition to this, there is a little negotiating via HTTP requests to get user account based configuration settings for the device.

My question is, how much detail to I have to go into for the Apple reviewers? Do I need to document every Bluetooth Service etc, or is this information overload for them?
Thanks in advance,
Terry

Andrew (Digitwell)

Licensed User
Longtime User
My experience is that this totally depends on the reviewer.
I normally put a basic overview of the purpose of the app and how it does it.
From your description the reviewer won't be able to test the full app unless they have the data logger.
I would provide them with a login which will allow then to see as much as possible of the app.

TnP

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Andrew!
I have done exactly that. Additionally, I recorded a short demo video using the app on the hardware, so fingers crossed that's sufficient.
Cheers!

TnP

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, my first iOS App went from 'In Review' to 'Ready for Sale' in a mere 9 hours! Thanks @Erel for this fantastic development package!