Android Question How send message to limit user?

darabon

I have 20k users in my app and that is needed to send messages to only 1k users
I don't have a token for each user and for each user, I subscribe to users with user-id
Now, I don't know how do I send messages for their
The suggested way is to use conditions for the topic
But the topic is limit and only 5 topic accpet
Also, I cannot use 1000 loop for each message
Please suggest way to me

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have 20k users in my app and that is needed to send messages to only 1k users
How do you know which users should receive the message? Why not subscribe all of them to the same topic?

But the topic is limit and only 5 topic accpet
I'm not familiar with such limit.

Upvote 0

darabon

How do you know which users should receive the message? Why not subscribe all of them to the same topic?
Of course, I subscribe to all devices on the same topic
But I need to publish messages to limit user
Example from 1 to 100 users

Upvote 0

darabon

The correct way is to use a token for each device and send a message to filter users with a token
But I don't have a user token

Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It's no clear to me how you select those 100 users to receive the "restricted" message.
In case the group is formed by selecting something at installation/config time, you could subscribe those users both to the general topic and to a second restricted one.
And so on (i mean, multiple topics subscriptions).

Another option: the message is sent to everybody, but it contains a code which makes it visibile only to the intended recipients

Upvote 0

darabon

It's no clear to me how you select those 100 users to receive the "restricted" message.
In case the group is formed by selecting something at installation/config time, you could subscribe those users both to the general topic and to a second restricted one.
And so on (i mean, multiple topics subscriptions).

Another option: the message is sent to everybody, but it contains a code which makes it visibile only to the intended recipients
That is good but not best way

Upvote 0