Android Question How To Add Tags To Your App

BTNorthrup

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello! I've recently released an app on the Google Play Store and noticed that searching for the exact name of the app actually doesn't show the app, but other keywords do. I know this has something to do with the metadata. I've played with the Manifest Editor and I just noticed "UserTypesHint=" in the meta file if that's relevant to this in some way.

I've also been told that what I put in the description when submitting the app will determine the tags, but that doesn't seem to work (unless it has to be in a certain format).

So, how can I add tags to my app?

If you need any other information, let me know.

Thank you!

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Use the search term "UPNP" in the play store. You should find my app listed in about 5th position. This is the first App I have released at the beginning of this year and it's remained in the top ten since very soon after release even though it is far from the ones that have had the most downloads.
I believe that this is because before releasing my App I did a little research, the same as you obviously are. The biggest item that kept being stated was to have a meaningful name, ideally a name that also contained the search term. Next was to use the search term(s) within the description as frequently as possible without being to obvious about it. Finally, you should update your APK every now and then to ensure it is kept current. Check my App listing and see what you think. I must have got something right as it's honestly not the best looking App in its group, but then I focused more on its functionality and light weight than actual looks.

PS. Good luck! :D

Upvote 0

BTNorthrup

Licensed User
Longtime User
Looks like I'll just need to add more to the description and see how it works out, then. If I figure out something else involving the meta, I'll post here again.

Thanks, guys!

Upvote 0