Android Question How to cross platform from B4A to iphone and win10

Yves Mazzon

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have finished my app and published it successfully on Google play. Now I would like to use my existing code B4A and convert it to an app that will run on IPhone and also Win10 mobile. Is it possible using B4X or shall I look for some converter if they exist? Many thanks for reading.

Yves

Sanxion

Licensed User
Longtime User
Therefore the same (B4A) project can be loaded into B4i and compiled into an iOS app without code modification?

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry, don't dream.
Android and iOS are complete different operating systems.
So you need to adapt the project between both.
You should have a look at chapter 11 Differences B4i <> B4A in the B4i Beginner's Guide.
You may also have a look at the B4A and B4i SQLite projects in my signature.
The original projects were written with B4A and ported to B4i.

Upvote 0

ivan.tellez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry, don't dream.
Android and iOS are complete different operating systems.

Thats true, you cant load a B4A project and compile it to iOS, it need adaptations, but you can share lot of code, making really easy to adapt.

By the way...

I know B4j Works only on desktop windows. But the new approach of microsoft windows 10 universal apps for all the diveces, its a huge oportunity to get new markets.

@Erel Please Make Basic4Windows :D

Upvote 0

Sanxion

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thats true, you cant load a B4A project and compile it to iOS, it need adaptations, but you can share lot of code, making really easy to adapt.

By the way...

I know B4j Works only on desktop windows. But the new approach of microsoft windows 10 universal apps for all the diveces, its a huge oportunity to get new markets.

@Erel Please Make Basic4Windows :D

The fact that code can be shared is a definite bonus...it will make converting apps much more efficient. Thanks.

Upvote 0

aklisiewicz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Somehow it is possible. As an example one can look at PCSOFT products. There is WinDevMobile - which uses W language to generate Apps for Android and iPhone from the same base code. The magic happens in generation and compilation. The only disadvantage is that the tools are very expensive.

Upvote 0

MitchBu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Windows Mobile has a pretty anecdotal global market share (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_operating_system Windows phone never got above 10% and has fallen down to 1,971 units 2016 Q2 *). But I have read that in some markets like the Netherlands or Brazil, it can be much higher.

Given the present low tide in apps sales, unless you have specific demand for Windows Phone, your time will probably be better rewarded with Android and iOS.

* Same quarter, Apple sold 44,395 iOS units, and Android 296,912 ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0