iOS Question how to detect change in page in tabcontrol ?

Discussion in 'iOS Questions' started by le_toubib, Jun 15, 2015.

1. le_toubib

le_toubib Active Member Licensed User

hi all
    is there an event detecting change page ?
    also , should there be any change in the page layout / resize upon changing to a previously opened page ?
    i put breakpoints , and i found out that the resize event is only trigered in the first time u select the page, but not on reopen .
    the question is : my page load very well on first open , but upon changing page to another tab , when i get back to the first ( previously well) page , i find the layout corrupted , on iphone the views look smaller , on ipad the views are much larger, all happen upon reopen the page but not on first open.

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

The Page_Appear event should be raised.

The resized event is raised whenever the page is resized. It will happen when you rotate the device and then change the page.

3. le_toubib

le_toubib Active Member Licensed User

The app is portrait only, and I never touched the page_appear event, so why would the sizes change after the resize event, and only when the tab page change?
    Can I call the resize event each time the page_appear event is triggered to readjust.

4. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

The resize event will be called when needed. You shouldn't call it yourself.