iOS Question how to detect change in page in tabcontrol ?

Discussion in 'iOS Questions' started by le_toubib, Jun 15, 2015.

1. le_toubib

le_toubib Active Member Licensed User

hi all
    is there an event detecting change page ?
    also , should there be any change in the page layout / resize upon changing to a previously opened page ?
    i put breakpoints , and i found out that the resize event is only trigered in the first time u select the page, but not on reopen .
    the question is : my page load very well on first open , but upon changing page to another tab , when i get back to the first ( previously well) page , i find the layout corrupted , on iphone the views look smaller , on ipad the views are much larger, all happen upon reopen the page but not on first open.

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

The Page_Appear event should be raised.

The resized event is raised whenever the page is resized. It will happen when you rotate the device and then change the page.

3. le_toubib

le_toubib Active Member Licensed User

The app is portrait only, and I never touched the page_appear event, so why would the sizes change after the resize event, and only when the tab page change?
    Can I call the resize event each time the page_appear event is triggered to readjust.

4. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

The resize event will be called when needed. You shouldn't call it yourself.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice