Android Question How to develop an app for a cheap smart watch?

newSteve

Licensed User
Longtime User
I recently bought a (very) cheap smart watch, running some version of android. After a little research, it looks like you can install applications in the form of a package with a .vxp extension, by running it through the file manager. I don't know if it is limited to that. I haven't tried anything yet - I thought I would see if anyone has any knowledge on the subject.

This watch seems to have pretty good functionality for the ridiculously low price. It is 240x240, has a camera, voice recorder, bluetooth, it can be a standalone phone, takes a 32 GB memory card. I can't find a lot of info on it, but it is similar to a DZ09 if that helps.

I'm thinking, at the price of these watches, if I could develop some simple applications, they could possibly provide inexpensive solutions for businesses, etc.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Does anyone know how to create a .vxp file, or do you think an apk would work?

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

newSteve

Licensed User
Longtime User
If it's similar to this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/f2p/Buyee-Newest-Wearable-Bluetooth-select-Android-Phones/B00XQN61S8

it says: "you can also push your Android phone APP related application information to the watch", so presumably there is some sort of bluetooth interface app that somehow mirrors data. But it doesn't say it can load Android Apps. It also specifically says for Android OS < 5.

Yes, that's pretty much it. I links up to the phone via bluetooth for some functionality, and I can load up their app for more if I want. I think I saw something that goes along with what Erel mentioned from the company Mediatek. I can do C++, but not sure if it's worth it between that and a new SDK without a specific project goal. Thanks for the answer.

Upvote 0