iOS Question How to do 100% Offline Development

Discussion in 'iOS Questions' started by JohnCody, Jun 10, 2015.

1. JohnCody

JohnCody Active Member Licensed User

Hi Erel,

One concern I have is to have my development come to a halt due to some external server not working. That's why I will probably switch to using a local mac to do the compiling of my iOS apps.

But I can think of one step that seems to still depend on your website being up and working - this is the step when I have to install the B4I certificate (ca.pem) in order to install the B4i-Bridge app. So, how can I get a copy of this provision file and instructions on how to install it onto a local iOS device in the event your website is ever down?

Also, are there any other issues I should know about that would prevent development/deployment of an app if your servers ever go offline for any reason?

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

If you have a local Mac server then you don't ever need to connect to the hosted builders.

3. JohnCody

JohnCody Active Member Licensed User

I understand that, but I wanted to know what kind of issues will I run into trying to develop 100% offline.

For example, I just got the local mac working fine to compile and debug an app.

But when I tried to do another "Build B4i-Bridge app", it returned with this error:

"Sending data to remote compiler. Error
    Error: security: SecKeychainDelete: The specified keychain could not be found.
    Agreeing to the Xcode/iOS license requires admin privileges, please re-run as root via sudo."

What does this mean?

Also when I do get the local mac to successfully create the B4i-Bridge app, what are the steps to install it on my iOS device? Does it still require me to install the ca.pem provision file on a new iOS device? If so, how can I get a copy of that file (so I don't need to access your website to install it)?

4. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

You need to manually run Xcode once before you can use it with the builder.

You can download the ca.pem file and store it locally. www.b4x.com/ca.pem

Right click on the link and choose save as.