Android Question How to select a small part of JPG file and save it into antoher JPG?

pablo77

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello everybody,

Let me introduce myself... My name is Pablo. I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

I'm new here... Even though I've been reading many posts lately, learning a lot from the valuable information available, this is the first time I write...

I would like to do something using B4A that actually don't know how to do. Coulnd't find anyone talking about it on the forum (should I look better??)... I'm currently preparing a B4A app that, after taking a picture, can open that file (or just open any other JPG) and let the user select just a portion of the picture and save it (using another file name).

Could any of you guys point me some material / tutorials I can read? Are there any useful functions I can use? As I said... I basically need to select a part of an original JPG being then able to save it into another JPG file.

Thanks in advance,

Pablo

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello everybody,

Let me introduce myself... My name is Pablo. I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

I'm new here... Even though I've been reading many posts lately, learning a lot from the valuable information available, this is the first time I write...

I would like to do something using B4A that actually don't know how to do. Coulnd't find anyone talking about it on the forum (should I look better??)... I'm currently preparing a B4A app that, after taking a picture, can open that file (or just open any other JPG) and let the user select just a portion of the picture and save it (using another file name).

Could any of you guys point me some material / tutorials I can read? Are there any useful functions I can use? As I said... I basically need to select a part of an original JPG being then able to save it into another JPG file.

Thanks in advance,

Pablo
Hola Pablo, mucho gusto, off the top of my head, i believe you should be able to use a cropping image function to do this, I've seen a few libraries that do this, just do a search for Crop Image and it should return some results.

Actually, I found some here
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/pages/results/?query=crop+image&page=1&prefix=0

good luck!

Walter

Upvote 0