Android Question How to set relative path in 'Additional Libraries'

Gerti Tuzi

Hi,

I am trying to set relative path in "Additional Libraries", to include the libs. The path for the library folder is one level up from where the b4a main file is located. I used '..\AdditionalLibraries' (the library is also called AdditionalLibraries), but it's not being pickedup. Any suggestions how to do this ?

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What ecactly are you trying to do?

The additional libs folder you set in the IDE under Tools-Configurepaths
Here you set a folder and b4a will search all additional libs in this folder. No matter where the project itself is located.

Upvote 0

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
it does not make any sense to me either. As @DonManfred says, it is not a project setting, but a general setting.

But in case you r,eally need it for some reason it must be relative to javac.exe location (not the B4A.exe location).

So, if for instance your absolute paths are these:
javac.exe ---> C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_91\bin\javac.exe
AdditionalLibraries ---> C:\Develop\Basic4Android\AdditionalLibraries

Then this relative path will be valid
..\..\..\..\Develop\Basic4Android\AdditionalLibraries

Upvote 0

Gerti Tuzi

Thank you @JordiCP, and my apologies for the late reply and not so clear of an explanation.

I was trying to keep a set of particular libraries for a particular project, without necessarily having these libraries tied to the machine using the project at a given time. So, what I am doing is following Configure --> Additional Libraries, where I am pointing to the project's shared set of libraries. These libraries happen to be one-folder up (hence the ".." in the "..\AdditionalLibraries", where "AdditionalLibraries" is the directory containing these project-specific libs).

When I use the "..\AdditionalLibraries" the compiler fails to find them. When I use the absolute path, it resolves the libs just fine. It would be nice if the relative path was somehow project-location dependent, (or at least modifiably so), as opposed to being tied to the location of javac.exe; which is usually installed at the default location. Perhaps there is a environment variable that could come to the rescue.

At any rate, thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0