I love and hate php

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I´m not using php much but i like it a lot.
Talking about B4A it is not "like a lot". Here is must say "I Love B4X" where B4X is for me only B4A and B4J.
I never liked Apple, i never get a B4I Copy (even if i could have it for free) and i never will.

So i am concentrating on B4A and B4J ;-)

PS:
yes, I had a hard childhood
You must sit here; i´m just hearing a voice whispering "mi mi mi" :D <-- Sorry, could´nt resist ;-)

MarkusR

Licensed User
Longtime User
my love and hate table i started yesterday :) "mi mi mi"
still searching for the best and easiest way to make apps for windows & android phone together in one project. also with licensing conditions in mind, monopolists, future etc.
i think every company should concentrate on her own operating system^^

Snap_2018.10.26_13h22m22s_002_.png

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That said, I do enjoy working with php, even if it's just a random bag of features.

Me, too. Took me 2 years or so but now I have many php code examples from my projects. So with B4x I now "copy my apps together". For my test environment I use XAMPP with php 7.x and MySQL now. I'm still having 1and1 hosted servers (10$ a month "unlimited" db's and space) which is nice because security features are included and handled by the provider.

As my "standard" api I use post requests with encrypted JSON strings with lists containing maps or just maps as they are simple associated arrays in php. A B4x list with maps is an array with arrays which makes it very simple to handle.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
KMatle,

most editors (I use Notepad2Mod) also have bracket highlighting just like in B4X then you'll spot errors like that easier.
maybe it's turned off in yours?

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
KMatle,

most editors (I use Notepad2Mod) also have bracket highlighting just like in B4X then you'll spot errors like that easier.
maybe it's turned off in yours?

:D Better for me if there was an option with speech for me like "Bracket 54 is missing".

Nah. I use php a lot and it's like in B4x. Sometimes those things happen and you don't see the problem.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I never liked Apple, i never get a B4I Copy (even if i could have it for free) and i never will.

Why do i hear that a lot from eu-guys.
I like apple products very much Their finish is in very high quality. I dont like the price but the products and software are in very high quality. Few levels higher then most android products. Besides that they test every app before they let it to the store and this just show that they want working apps and not crashing. Its maybe annoying for us devs but if u think about the end user its a good thing.

I hope we will still stay friends @DonManfred ;)