I need App Idea for B4XPages Tutorial for youtube

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I want to record a complete tutorial for YouTube from beginning to the end and I need ideas.

A. New project Idea:
The project must be simple but with multiple pages

B: Existing project to B4XPages:
Application source code is available or in the play or Appstore.

Note: We will evaluate the project and choose based on what a beginner and new users would want because the Tutorial will target the beginners.

We are also available to work on your projects for a fee.

All Videos will be posted to my YouTube Channel. Please SUBSCRIBE and turn notifications on https://youtube.com/c/LEAFECODES

cklester

Licensed User
How about an app to track your crypto-currency holdings at various crypto exchanges? Or just to track the values of certain crypto currencies. This would let you use a lot of interface controls (even graphs/charts), as well as showcase downloading information from the Internet/APIs. You could also feature privacy/security with a login/logout system.

Another idea is to look up app dev tutorials for other languages, such as Python, and duplicate them in B4X across the multiple platforms*. I think it would be pretty cool to take an app created in a language for one platform and duplicate it with B4X so that it works across multiple platforms.

*I've actually been doing this lately... watching app dev tutorials for other languages, then trying to duplicate those apps in B4X. It's very good practice for me!

Last edited:

PaulMeuris

Licensed User
Yesterday i published a new tutorial called gradebook.
You could use this code to make a team management app.
The B4Xpages Class, Course, Enrollment, Score, Student and Test could be modified to for instance: Team, Project, Assignment, Status, Employee and Task.
Feel free to use that code or pieces of it.

MroBurk

Licensed User
Hi, this Is a Greta idea...

First of all you have to decide what is for you beginner.. Beginner is someone who uses first time b4x but he knows how to write programs with other languages? ...or someone who knows nothing about programming?

In my experience (I was the second choice) I would have preferred to watch more videos with different apps(increasingly complex), so I could only watch the one that interested me to manage a particular object or a function... If the videos are connected, many functions you will not explain them again and I will unable to use what I need..because I will have to look in other videos for the function or object to do what interests me.
When I was beginner I found AndroidDev channel: It helps me many times...

Thank you for your work...

Intelemarketing

Licensed User
Longtime User
A general tutorial may encompass the the following - the list, while not complete, comes from my own challenges in learning B4X

Data Input Options

1) Creating a Form
2) Label
3) Field that can accept Data manually/or populated by an APP
4) Drop down List with option to select - eg, Like a Combo Field
5) List on the Screen with scrollable Options (Vertical and Horizontal)
6) Selection of Buttons
7) Using Color
8) Page of Options - Prompts with Numbers - Variable length Text Fields - Yes/No Options - Drop Down Selection Lists
9) A section on Validation of Data eg, Text Only, Numbers Only, Date Formats, Money Formatting, Email Address validation, Must Complete a Field Option

The above teaches us how to create Data Fields, Prompts and Option Lists - the heart of getting information Input from a user and
launching a New Form by Clicking a Button

Data Output Options

10) Storing Data on a Device eg, On the App in the Phone - Not using a Database (and how to access the data later)
11) Storing Data on a Device eg, On the App in the Phone - Using a Local Database - eg, SQLite (and how to access the data later)
12) Sending Data to another Device or Location - eg, To another User's Phone - To a Remote Database eg, Microsoft SQL Server - To an FTP Location
(and how to access the data later)
13) CRUD Operations on Databases
14) Printing to a Standard Printer
15) Printing to a Wireless Printer in a Mobile environment eg, Enter Order Data on a Phone App - Instantly Print an Invoice

USING GOOGLE - Separate Tutorial Perhaps

16) An array of options for map generation using GPS Co-Ordinates - Moving Locations - Estimated Arrival Times, etc etc

WE all know the above list, but may not have seen it listed like this before. What strikes me is that the list is not as daunting as I thought it would be. Hopefully the above covers most of the basics we need to know to be able to start to create an APP. I am surprised that the list of subjects is as short as it is (must have missed something ?), but may be a good start for someone new to B4X.

Cheers
George