I need to pay someone to create a b4a library wrapper

timwil

Licensed User
Longtime User
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vl1drw919scfcge/JP762A.zip?dl=0

Above is the link to the SDK/API files delivered with my nice new Android based POS system. I have no idea about JAVA and wrappers. I need to access the GPIO port - to pop the cash drawer, select and print to the printer and read from the magnetic stripe reader. They have included sample programs, including sources, as examples.

I need to know how long and how much it would cost to have the library/wrapper built.

Payment by PayPal of course!

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vl1drw919scfcge/JP762A.zip?dl=0

Above is the link to the SDK/API files delivered with my nice new Android based POS system. I have no idea about JAVA and wrappers. I need to access the GPIO port - to pop the cash drawer, select and print to the printer and read from the magnetic stripe reader. They have included sample programs, including sources, as examples.

I need to know how long and how much it would cost to have the library/wrapper built.

Payment by PayPal of course!
Hi there, it seems like a pretty intensive api, I'm willing to take this on, but will need to discuss a few things first. Email me at [email protected]

Thanks,
Walter

timwil

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have made some progress but I simply cannot wrap my head around creation of a wrapper for a native shared library

I have attached a zip containing the .so library and what I think is the interface in .java to that library. I have been able to communicate with the devices but there is a IO switcher that requires the .so library.

So i need someone to make the wrapper for me

Attachments

• poslib.zip
    3 KB · Views: 204

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have made some progress but I simply cannot wrap my head around creation of a wrapper for a native shared library

I have attached a zip containing the .so library and what I think is the interface in .java to that library. I have been able to communicate with the devices but there is a IO switcher that requires the .so library.

So i need someone to make the wrapper for me
What are you able to do now? when you say you can communicate with the device what exactly can you do with it?
I can make the wrapper for you, let me know!

timwil

Licensed User
Longtime User
The device came with an example program - the source is in the first link

As I understand it there are three RS232 ports inside the device. ttys1 ttys2 and ttys3.

ttys1 is connected to the RFID/NFC reader, bar code readers and mag stripe reader. The GPIO that is controlled by the shared .so library connects the RS232 port to one of them then it is standard RS232 Serial communications.

ttys2 is only connected to the physical RS232 port so I will be trying that shortly.

ttys3 is connected to the printer, finger scanner, id reader and a LED indicator. Using the compiled example I was able to have it select the printer - the led for the printer turned on - then I sent data to the RS232 port and it worked.

So my thinking is that I need the shared .so library wrapped so that I could access the GPIO that would allow me to select the printer then send data to the printer via the RS232 which I have successfully done already.

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The device came with an example program - the source is in the first link

As I understand it there are three RS232 ports inside the device. ttys1 ttys2 and ttys3.

ttys1 is connected to the RFID/NFC reader, bar code readers and mag stripe reader. The GPIO that is controlled by the shared .so library connects the RS232 port to one of them then it is standard RS232 Serial communications.

ttys2 is only connected to the physical RS232 port so I will be trying that shortly.

ttys3 is connected to the printer, finger scanner, id reader and a LED indicator. Using the compiled example I was able to have it select the printer - the led for the printer turned on - then I sent data to the RS232 port and it worked.

So my thinking is that I need the shared .so library wrapped so that I could access the GPIO that would allow me to select the printer then send data to the printer via the RS232 which I have successfully done already.
The .so file only needs to be loaded with the wrapper, it doesn't actually need to be wrapped!