I want to see success stories of B4a devs!

Stulish

Licensed User
Longtime User
So far i have only made a few pounds (£) on Google play roughly £100 over the last 6 months.

but apps i have made for companies are around £7000 so far, with more work coming in (i only do this part time as i have a job during the day).

So overall i should say it has been a success.:sign0060:

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So far so good.

4 Apps out there at the moment with a couple more in the pipeline..

One App has over 100k downloads, another should go over 50k downloads this year.

Have made enough money for a few beers :)

Dev is only done inmy spare time so it's not a great priority.

netchicken

Licensed User
Longtime User
Last week we made an app that scrapes the whitepages website for phone numbers and addresses so you can use it on your phone. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.stuffucanuse.phonebook

They didn't have an android app. People wailed about us getting sued and having to take it down, so I contacted whitepages and told them what we had done.

They liked it so much they are going to give us the offical API's and we may be given the job of making their official app.

Last edited:

Johnmcenroy

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is my little success story :)
I was really new to all Android programming. First application I published was Christmas Carols (1st place for now in Google Play for this keyword, ~ 30500 installs) on 03.11.2012. Second was Christmas Ringtones (~6500 installs) published on 18.11.2012. So at the end of december I had near 120$. I was really happy. A have used only Leadbolt Banners and Leadbolt Walls. :)

Last edited:

IanMc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Fantastic!

This is fantastic people!

So it CAN be done then :)

You give us inspiration and confirm that we are on the right track!

Welldone!

JonPM

Licensed User
Longtime User
Been making steady side income with my B4A apps for about 2 years now. Its very possible.

treehousefrog

Licensed User
Longtime User
My app has made me nearly $7,000 now in the last eight months or so :-D So happy, it's greatly increased my income and made me feel like a success. Life is so much better now thanks to B4A and Erel!

Better yet, a guy in India is now trying to sell my app to OEMs for big money. So that's very exciting!

It really can be done guys, don't give up. I had lots of failures before this big hit.

What I've found are the secrets to success:

* Do something everyone is looking for but no one has pounced on
* Use a highly searchable name
* Use a screenshot as your icon so people know right away what your app does
* Throw lots of sh*t at the wall and then develop what sticks

Good luck, I really hope you all have the same success I've enjoyed!

treehousefrog

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel! Tbh it's thanks to you this was possible - I'd never have managed it going the Java/Eclipse route. I owe you big time! :-D

Lol Phil that is the danger! I may have started out with a lot of that :p

Last edited:

IanMc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Remember VB6 in century 19 ?

The fact is that Android is big and getting bigger.

We'll get there folks, just hang on a while longer :)

CARTHO

Licensed User
Longtime User
Have been developing apps for my customer more than 3 years now.
After a rough calculation over this 3 years period I made over € 100,000.00
B4A is indeed a super tool, me and my customers love the outcome of it!

IanMc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Some impressive and inspirational posts on this thread, welldone guys!

Some good advice too!

B4a is easily the best way to get into Android programming that's for sure.

tboy

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is a great read, it provides the 'rest of us' with a glimmer of hope ;)

I currently have a list of about 10 different applications I will work on, currently developing a fitness app that should be launched
fairly soon'ish.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Some of you have written:

1) So far i have only made a few pounds (£) on Google play roughly £100 over the last 6 months.
2) Have made enough money for a few beers :)
3) So at the end of december I had near 120$. I was really happy.

From my point of view, creating software, which we like, is anything but a joke. Do not post free apps on Google Play, this will only do by big software house, inserting extra sales, so they as to be able to afford television commercials with famous testimonials.

P.S. When I will have published my first app, will let you know ... If I will be a millionaire, I will inform you from Hawaii :)

(sorry, my italian is vastly better)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i have published 7 apps and in the last 6 month made about 3000 shekels = 850 $ from addmob and selling
and its going everyday better :)
until now have about 27k installs of my apps, salary calculator is nr. 1 in israel if you search ("מחשבון שכר" = salary calculator)
and english version nr5. (only 2,5 week in market),..