B4i Library iAdMob

Discussion in 'iOS Libraries' started by Erel, Nov 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

iAdMob v1.10 adds support for interstitial ads (full screen ads).

In order to show an interstitial ad you need to first request an ad and wait for the Ready event.
    If Success is true then there is an ad ready to be displayed. You can then call iad.Show(Page) to show it.
    You can also call iad.RequestAd again to request a new ad.

Note that you can show test ads by calling:
    Code:
    iad.SetTestDevices(Array("121212121212")) 'id that is displayed in the logs
    The ready event:
    Code:
    Sub iad_Ready (Success As Boolean)

If Success Then

Log("iad is ready.")
         iad.Show(Page1)

Else

Log("Failed to load full screen ad: " & LastException)

End If
    End Sub
    Note that you can show the ad after this event. This event only means that there is an ad ready to be displayed.

Library installation

The zip file contains three files with the following extensions: .xml, .a and .h.
    You need to copy the xml file to the internal libraries folder on the Windows computer.
    If you are using a local Mac builder then you need to copy the .a and .h files to the Mac Libs folder.

Version 1.40: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/updates-to-internal-libraries.48179/page-3#post-451487

If you are using a local Mac builder you need to download the new SDK and copy GoogleMobileAds.framework to the Libs folder (the previous libGoogleAdMobAds.a is no longer used).

Update:

Starting from Google Maps Ads SDK v7.42.0 it is required to add this linke:
    Code:
    #PlistExtra: <key>GADIsAdManagerApp</key><true/>

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    ilan and inakigarm like this.
  2. tufanv

tufanv Expert Licensed User

Hello Erel,

I tried the intestital ads. my code is :
    iad.initialize ...
    aid.request ad

And

Sub iad_Ready (Success AsBoolean)If Success ThenLog("iad is ready.")
    iad.Show(Page1)ElseLog("Failed to load full screen ad: " & LastException)EndIf
    End Sub

I did not set a test account. I cant get any ads . and in debug screen sont see any logs. Do ı have to set test device to see the ads or is there a problem ?

3. ilan

ilan Expert Licensed User

for me its working, do you get a banner ad?
    check your ad id if its correct...

4. tufanv

Yes i checked it twice. the ad id is correct.

5. tufanv

Erel if i use showad with a button it shows the ad but it does not with sub iad_ready.

6. ilan

what are u writting in the button click event?

7. tufanv

If iad.IsReady=True Then
    iad.Show(Page1)
    Else
    End If

I have put this code to a timer . and after first show i am disabling the timer. This was the only solution i found

8. ilan

try this out

Attached Files:

• iAd.zip
      File size:
      14.8 KB
      Views:
  9. tufanv

Thank you for sharing ilan !

10. ilan

you are welcome ;)

11. Allan Cameron

Allan Cameron Member Licensed User

Can anyone tell me what I need to do with a B4A program I am converting that shows Google ads successfully.

Should it just work or do I have to do other things at the Google and Apple end?

12. Erel

You need to create a new iOS app record in your AdMob developer console.

ilan likes this.
  13. Allan Cameron

Allan Cameron Member Licensed User

This code worked for me:

AdView1.Initialize("Ad","*******************************",Page1,AdView1.SIZE_BANNER) 'Admob reference
    AdView1.SetTestDevices(Array("*************************")) 'for testing ads
    AdView1.LoadAd
    AdView1.Alpha = 1
    AdView1.Visible = True
    AdView1.BringToFront
    Page8.RootPanel.AddView(AdView1, 0%x, 90%y, 320dip, 50dip)

14. kurng

kurng Member Licensed User

When load iadmob libs it can not compile it show error

When not load iadmob ilbs can compile ok

THis error

Parsing code. 0.02
    Compiling code. 0.41
    Compiling layouts code. 0.05
    Compiling debugger engine code. 0.61
    Building Xcode project 0.03
    Sending data to remote compiler. Error
    Out: Build settings from command line:
    ARCHS = arm64
    CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY = iPhone
    CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR = /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/Payload
    OTHER_CODE_SIGN_FLAGS = --keychain b4i_default5
    PRODUCT_NAME = B4i Example
    PROVISIONING_PROFILE = f749e922-b0ed-4f51-837a-4b801c928a95
    === BUILD TARGET B4iProject OF PROJECT B4iProject WITH CONFIGURATION Release ===
    Check dependencies
    warning: all apps should include an armv7 architecture (current ARCHS = "arm64").
    Write auxiliary files
    /bin/mkdir -p /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build
    write-file /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-own-target-headers.hmap
    write-file /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example.hmap
    /bin/mkdir -p /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64
    write-file /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/B4i\ Example.LinkFileList
    write-file /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-all-non-framework-target-headers.hmap
    write-file /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-generated-files.hmap
    write-file /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-project-headers.hmap
    write-file /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-all-target-headers.hmap
    Create product structure
    /bin/mkdir -p /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/Payload/B4i\ Example.app
    ProcessInfoPlistFile Payload/B4i\ Example.app/Info.plist B4iProject/B4iProject-Info.plist
    cd /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5
    export PATH="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
    builtin-infoPlistUtility /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/B4iProject/B4iProject-Info.plist -genpkginfo /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/Payload/B4i\ Example.app/PkgInfo -expandbuildsettings -format binary -platform iphoneos -o /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/Payload/B4i\ Example.app/Info.plist
    CompileC build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/main.o B4iProject/main.m normal arm64 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
    export LANG=en_US.US-ASCII
    export PATH="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -x objective-c -arch arm64 -fmessage-length=0 -fdiagnostics-show-note-include-stack -fmacro-backtrace-limit=0 -std=gnu99 -fobjc-arc -fmodules -fmodules-prune-interval=86400 -fmodules-prune-after=345600 -Wnon-modular-include-in-framework-module -Werror=non-modular-include-in-framework-module -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -O0 -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-missing-prototypes -Werror=return-type -Wno-implicit-atomic-properties -Werror=deprecated-objc-isa-usage -Werror=objc-root-class -Wno-receiver-is-weak -Wno-arc-repeated-use-of-weak -Wduplicate-method-match -Wno-missing-braces -Wparentheses -Wswitch -Wunused-function -Wno-unused-label -Wno-unused-parameter -Wunused-variable -Wunused-value -Wempty-body -Wconditional-uninitialized -Wno-unknown-pragmas -Wno-shadow -Wno-four-char-constants -Wno-conversion -Wconstant-conversion -Wint-conversion -Wbool-conversion -Wenum-conversion -Wshorten-64-to-32 -Wpointer-sign -Wno-newline-eof -Wno-selector -Wno-strict-selector-match -Wundeclared-selector -Wno-deprecated-implementations -DNS_BLOCK_ASSERTIONS=1 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS8.1.sdk -fstrict-aliasing -Wprotocol -Wdeprecated-declarations -fvisibility=hidden -Wno-sign-conversion -miphoneos-version-min=7.0 -iquote /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-generated-files.hmap -I/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-own-target-headers.hmap -I/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-all-target-headers.hmap -iquote /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-project-headers.hmap -I/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/Payload/include -I/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include -I/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/DerivedSources/arm64 -I/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/DerivedSources -F/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/Payload -F../../Libs -MMD -MT dependencies -MF /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/main.d --serialize-diagnostics /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/main.dia -c /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/B4iProject/main.m -o /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/main.o
    CompileC build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/b4i_main.o B4iProject/b4i_main.m normal arm64 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -x objective-c -arch arm64 -fmessage-length=0 -fdiagnostics-show-note-include-stack -fmacro-backtrace-limit=0 -std=gnu99 -fobjc-arc -fmodules -fmodules-prune-interval=86400 -fmodules-prune-after=345600 -Wnon-modular-include-in-framework-module -Werror=non-modular-include-in-framework-module -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -O0 -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-missing-prototypes -Werror=return-type -Wno-implicit-atomic-properties -Werror=deprecated-objc-isa-usage -Werror=objc-root-class -Wno-receiver-is-weak -Wno-arc-repeated-use-of-weak -Wduplicate-method-match -Wno-missing-braces -Wparentheses -Wswitch -Wunused-function -Wno-unused-label -Wno-unused-parameter -Wunused-variable -Wunused-value -Wempty-body -Wconditional-uninitialized -Wno-unknown-pragmas -Wno-shadow -Wno-four-char-constants -Wno-conversion -Wconstant-conversion -Wint-conversion -Wbool-conversion -Wenum-conversion -Wshorten-64-to-32 -Wpointer-sign -Wno-newline-eof -Wno-selector -Wno-strict-selector-match -Wundeclared-selector -Wno-deprecated-implementations -DNS_BLOCK_ASSERTIONS=1 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS8.1.sdk -fstrict-aliasing -Wprotocol -Wdeprecated-declarations -fvisibility=hidden -Wno-sign-conversion -miphoneos-version-min=7.0 -iquote /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-generated-files.hmap -I/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-own-target-headers.hmap -I/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-all-target-headers.hmap -iquote /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-project-headers.hmap -I/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/Payload/include -I/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include -I/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/DerivedSources/arm64 -I/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/DerivedSources -F/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/Payload -F../../Libs -MMD -MT dependencies -MF /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/b4i_main.d --serialize-diagnostics /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/b4i_main.dia -c /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/B4iProject/b4i_main.m -o /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/b4i_main.o
    CompileC build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/LS_1.o B4iProject/LS_1.m normal arm64 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -x objective-c -arch arm64 -fmessage-length=0 -fdiagnostics-show-note-include-stack -fmacro-backtrace-limit=0 -std=gnu99 -fobjc-arc -fmodules -fmodules-prune-interval=86400 -fmodules-prune-after=345600 -Wnon-modular-include-in-framework-module -Werror=non-modular-include-in-framework-module -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -O0 -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-missing-prototypes -Werror=return-type -Wno-implicit-atomic-properties -Werror=deprecated-objc-isa-usage -Werror=objc-root-class -Wno-receiver-is-weak -Wno-arc-repeated-use-of-weak -Wduplicate-method-match -Wno-missing-braces -Wparentheses -Wswitch -Wunused-function -Wno-unused-label -Wno-unused-parameter -Wunused-variable -Wunused-value -Wempty-body -Wconditional-uninitialized -Wno-unknown-pragmas -Wno-shadow -Wno-four-char-constants -Wno-conversion -Wconstant-conversion -Wint-conversion -Wbool-conversion -Wenum-conversion -Wshorten-64-to-32 -Wpointer-sign -Wno-newline-eof -Wno-selector -Wno-strict-selector-match -Wundeclared-selector -Wno-deprecated-implementations -DNS_BLOCK_ASSERTIONS=1 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS8.1.sdk -fstrict-aliasing -Wprotocol -Wdeprecated-declarations -fvisibility=hidden -Wno-sign-conversion -miphoneos-version-min=7.0 -iquote /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-generated-files.hmap -I/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-own-target-headers.hmap -I/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-all-target-headers.hmap -iquote /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-project-headers.hmap -I/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/Payload/include -I/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include -I/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/DerivedSources/arm64 -I/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/DerivedSources -F/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/Payload -F../../Libs -MMD -MT dependencies -MF /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/LS_1.d --serialize-diagnostics /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/LS_1.dia -c /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/B4iProject/LS_1.m -o /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/LS_1.o
    Ld Payload/B4i\ Example.app/B4i\ Example normal arm64
    export IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=7.0
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -arch arm64 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS8.1.sdk -L/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/Payload -L../../Libs -F/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/Payload -F../../Libs -filelist /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/B4i\ Example.LinkFileList -ObjC -fobjc-arc -fobjc-link-runtime -miphoneos-version-min=7.0 -lCore -framework Foundation -framework CoreGraphics -framework UIKit -liAdMob -framework AVFoundation -framework AudioToolbox -framework AdSupport -framework CoreGraphics -framework CoreTelephony -framework EventKit -framework EventKitUI -framework MessageUI -framework StoreKit -framework SystemConfiguration -lGoogleAdMobAds -liDebug -Xlinker -dependency_info -Xlinker /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/B4i\ Example_dependency_info.dat -o /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/Payload/B4i\ Example.app/B4i\ Example
    ld: library not found for -lGoogleAdMobAds
    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Error: ** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
    Ld Payload/B4i\ Example.app/B4i\ Example normal arm64
    (1 failure)

Can you help ?
    thk

15. Erel

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  16. kurng

kurng Member Licensed User

Thk Erel It OK

17. fishwolf

fishwolf Active Member Licensed User

Example and my implementation work fine, thanks.

how to add a interstitial when the application go to in background ?

i have try to add code to background or inactive event, but is not show.

18. Erel

You cannot show anything when the app is transferred to the background.

19. fishwolf

fishwolf Active Member Licensed User

can i capture the "home" key press event before that go to a Background event?

20. Erel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice