Icon Transparency

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi EREL...

I have an issue, not sure if it is a bug, so i post it here...
I have assigned an icon file to my app...
In order to have transparency, I used the png format, borowing the original B4A icon as a template...
Well, my file shows the transparency correctly under windows, but not in the device, so the Transparent areas are not that transparent...Is this a known issue, or is it something I am doing wrong?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Splatt, I will make a new icon from wcratch, and save it in both formats to see the diference, if any...

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Solved!!! seems to an issue with my previous file...just could'nt set transparency...New con works perfectly now.

Upvote 0

lawboy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am having the same issue on a Galaxy Tab. I have tried .png file at 48x48, 52x52 ect.. as well as different file formats and I still have a greenish border around my icon. Does anyone know what might be the issue?

Thanks

Upvote 0

splatt

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm no expert in this, but is this greenish tinge visible in the graphpics app you used to create them?

Sometimes I have seen a 'shadow' like this, caused by the selection process when masking out the backgrounds of images when saving the files.

Upvote 0

lawboy

Licensed User
Longtime User
The green border is around every png, gif ect I try on the galaxy tab. I have downloaded sample png's files as well as created some in Axialis IconWorkshop without success. Funny thing is, it looks to be correct on the galaxy tab emulator. Has anyone else experienced this, or does anyone know what might the issue be?

Thanks,
Lawboy

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lawboy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes Erel, The actual galaxy tab displays a green border around every icon I use while in the "applications view". The emulator however, displays my icon correctly. What do I need to do to correct this. Thank you Erel

-Lawboy

Upvote 0

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello guys,
Is there any tutorial for creating an icon with transparent areas, like the subject of this thread?
Thanks in advance..

Upvote 0

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Download icoFX, there is/was a free version, 1.6 I think which works really well when creating icons and working with setting transparency.

Upvote 0