Wish IDE: Next/Previous Tab Switching with Key Combo

cklester

Licensed User
A couple of other IDEs I use (Notepad++, MS VS Code) allow you to navigate quickly from tab to tab with the Ctrl+PgUp and Ctrl+PgDn buttons. I'd love to see that feature in the B4J IDE.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I agree, I would absolutely prefer ctrl+tab to go the tab on the right, and ctrl+shift+tab go to the tab to the left.

I have never understood the behaviour used in alt+left/right. I understand it's something like "move in history stack", but it gives me zero help and I find it very confusing. (I know some people swear by it, I'm not knocking it. I'm just saying it doesn't work at all for me.)

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
...for you, not me. 🙂 We're not all cut from the same cloth. 😉
There are times when we all have to learn a new.

No matter where we come from, we need to adjust with the current situation available. Erel made the ide not based on any browser or text editor. It has some unique features and key combinations which work different in browser or editor. I too face this problem of pressing Ctrl+Q to comment a line in my text editor but it show 'quick open'.

If we all push for our favorite habits to be included in the ide, then Erel will not get time to add features like B4XPages and (?) what new brewing in his mind :)

Let us adapt. I do. No complain.

Regards,

Anand

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
AnandGupta,

When you make a post like this you seem to talk as if you feel you know more and wish to enlighten me on the right way how to approach things. I find that a bit condescending.

You don't know me, you don't know my reasoning or the efforts I make to learn things. And apparently, based on "If we all push for our favorite habits to be included in the ide", you haven't looked at my activity on the forum either. In the future I would recommend starting with a question, not a lesson.

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I find that a bit condescending.
Never my intention was. I say sorry if you read it that way.

In the future I would recommend starting with a question, not a lesson.
Now you are directing me :)

Please keep in mind we all here are from various places and cultures. One man's meat can be others poison.
But we all are united here with B4X for developing on Android, IOS etc. with ease and quickly.

Yes I too have many wishes here and many have not been fulfilled but I adapted myself. I hoped it will help others so gave the same as a solution here. One do not have to use all the solution given in forum.

Hope I was able to clarify myself.

Regards,

Anand